Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jaguar Power Steering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olkarz, Jan 8, 2012.

1. olkarz

olkarz

For those of you Hambers who have used the Jaguar front clips with you inline 6s...how did you hookup the Jaguar PS Pumps? Did fab up your own brackets or is there an aftermarket unit that modified to work? I used part of the bracket off of a 292cu that I pulled off of and Nova, but the pulley doesn't line up with the crank/Alternator!!!:mad::mad:

2. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Is ther room to use spacers, to align the pulleys ? or, are they too fsar off for that ?

4TTRUK

3. olkarz

olkarz

I need either a double groove pulley on the GM 1 wire alternator or a double groove pulley on the crankshaft on my '54 235cu. I don't know of a alternator where GM made a double pulley. I wonder if the double pulley on the GM PS pump will fit the JAG PS pump???

4. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

well i have a jag front clip,but this in combo whit a v8.i used the original power steeringpump from chevy and make the lines fit,went to a company that makes high pressure hose lines,an they fit it all together.i have now on one end the jag fittings an on the other end the chevy fittings works fine no leaks an smooth steering i hope this helps cheers

5. morac41

morac41

Hi ... I agree with "styleline" you can use your chevy P/S pump ... most power steering pumps work on 1500 psi...just do new ends on the hoses to suit the fittings...have done this myself with jag front clip ...Doug

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

The Jaguar pump is a standard GM Saginaw pump...

7. I have seen a Generator on a '57 Chevy with a PS pump on back.
    I wonder if one of these could be made to run a Jag PS rack?
    [​IMG]

8. toddc

toddc

Yeah, what he said. Just a GM pump.

9. mitchsfab

mitchsfab

Some 60's Buick and Chevy's had double alt. pulleys. Might have to do some junk yard crawls.

10. olkarz

olkarz

Thanks for all of the advise guys. I'll look into switching the PS Pump for the GM Pump. I'll upload a pick of how I have the pump set up. Maybe y'all can give me some advise on how you did yours. I tried to duplicate the was it was setup on the Nova, but the Nova had a double groove Crank pulley...that I wasn't sure if it'll fit the 235cu???

But any.... Maybe I'll just pull the 235cu and install the Vortec 4200 and 4L60E that I pulled out of a 2002 Trailblazer and call it done.

11. Quite true.

However the pressure demands of a power steering rack are less than those of a power steering box. The pumps are set accordingly.

You should use the pump or at the very least the relief valve from the Jag based unit.