Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jackson Roto-Faze Dual coil.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by quicksilverart46, Jan 10, 2020.

1. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

I am converting my Roto-Faze from dual points to dual Hall effect triggers.
    I am looking for some ignition technical advise on phasing between the two triggers and the effect on dwell with the magnetic triggers.
    I know that the two triggers must be set at 45 degrees apart . The magnet is from a 4 cylinder 4 magnet ring. All dual coil distributors have 4 lobes and two sets of points. No cross firing and 60 degrees of dwell with points. Huge spark while both coils work 1/2 as hard alternating from left to right. Kong Jackson’s Roto Faze is a work of art and a mechanical marvel and is one of my prized pieces of speed equipment on my car.
    My question is if I mount each trigger dead center along an exact 45 degrees angle to each other starting with no. 1 cylinder trigger leading will the dwell for coil saturation be exactly the same for both? With the points I set each at 60-62 degrees of dwell and it hauled ass.
    Air gap will be set at .030 and I can only assume the dwell of each will match once its set on a Sun dist.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Machine.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang and E.C. like this.
  2. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is posted in the wrong forum. It should be out on the main forum or on the Hot Rod forum. This forum is for questions and suggestions on the operation of the HAMB and Jalopy Journal in gerneral.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Gofannon

Gofannon

Dwell should be the same. It's like two separate 4 cyl distributors sharing one cam.

loudbang likes this.
  4. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

Thanks. After all all the years Im still not sure how to post in the right section.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Thor1 and loudbang like this.