Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Jack's Auto Ranch, WI. Hope they are not closing.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bird man, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Bird man

Bird man
    from Milwaukee

A couple of us stopped by on the 16th & I stopped in on the 22nd on the way to Jefferson. It appears that they have been closed for a week or two. Don't have any info but I sure hope we don't loose that place any time soon, it would be a real blow to the WI car hobby.
    Maybe somebody knows sumptin...

Torkwrench and tractorguy like this.
  2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

3. ahshoe

ahshoe

Haven't been there for a few years but they have ,had, more Cadys in one place than I have ever seen before.Very cool yard. But the owner was probably much older than me and that is old so who knows.

tractorguy and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  4. fuzzface

fuzzface

not sure what is going on with the yard but Jack Bender died Nov. of 2019. Last I knew the son was running it.

tractorguy and 1933_willys_77 like this.

5. gene-koning

gene-koning

Its been posted here. Jack has passed. I believe there is suppose to be an auction to sell off most of the toys and some of Jacks car collection, it sounds like the yard may still carry on, but that was not a total positive yet, from what I've read.

tractorguy likes this.
  6. fuzzface

fuzzface

The auction was already. it was back in Feb. of 2020.

the only news I know about the yard itself is that it was downsized. Jack had the whole area full of cars but jack did what jack wanted and they didn't pressure him but when he died the township pushed and now all the cars are back inside the fenced in perimeter and everything was cleaned up outside of the fence. I even noticed a few rolls of cars inside the fenced in area was gone too.

7. In_The_Pink

In_The_Pink

I heard their was/is an ownership squabble between the son and Doug (?, pretty sure that was his name, essentially Jack's right hand man, as I understand it-- and saw firsthand in my many trips there), so I'm going to try to dig up what I can about its current legal status.

Just another example of when you have the opportunity, take advantage of it and GO. Last time I was there was 2017, maybe?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LOST ANGEL, rod1 and Torkwrench like this.
  8. Bird man

Bird man
    from Milwaukee

Yeh, the 2 kids are battling things out in court & Doug washed his hands of the whole deal (more or less)

9. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Is the yard open for business? I have been there a number of times but it has been at least four or five years since the last visit. My impression was that it was very picked over, not many almost complete vehicles remaining. If I remember correctly the North (?) end of the yard was like a swamp and the South (?) end was full of ground moss and very soft. I remember Doug telling me there were other buildings off site that Jack had some cars stored, probably his favorite’s.

10. In_The_Pink

In_The_Pink

No, not currently.

I think my first visit was in 2007, and I don't recall seeing many complete vehicles, unless they were newer (like late '80s and '90s). There was an incomplete bullet nose Studebaker coupe near the front of the yard, to the south of the main building, and I recall a Kaiser Manhattan, Nash Metropolitan (which was nose up and very picked over), VW Type 2 bus with the roof cut off, and a Thames panel van. It was a lot of work walking the entire yard, but so very worth it.

Torkwrench likes this.
  11. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Anything new? Is Jack's still there? Or cleaned out?

12. ...here's some pics from a couple years ago...
    upload_2024-2-24_19-46-12.jpeg upload_2024-2-24_19-46-26.jpeg upload_2024-2-24_19-46-38.jpeg upload_2024-2-24_19-46-52.jpeg upload_2024-2-24_19-47-8.jpeg upload_2024-2-24_19-47-44.jpeg upload_2024-2-24_19-48-7.jpeg upload_2024-2-24_19-48-31.jpeg

SS327 and guthriesmith like this.
  13. fuzzface

fuzzface

"Anything new? Is Jack's still there? Or cleaned out?"

there is another thread floating around here but i stopped about a month ago. the yard is closed but it is still there.

14. fuzzface

fuzzface

SS327 likes this.