Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Jack Chrisman '29 A Sedan: Pics Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29hotrod55kustom, Aug 24, 2009.

1. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

Does anyone have old magazine articles scanned or pics of the Jack Chrisman A Tudor??? I have a couple that come up on google but thats it. I need pics of the rear, i know i saw one in a small tiny pic that rod & custom had in a little article on Von Dutch (who i guess did the striping on the radiator and rear of the car) like 4 or 5 years ago. But i cant find it and want to see a better picture of the rear. The car had a panel that went between the rear fenders that looked like a 33/34 ford rear gas tank cover, i have the panel and need to make it fit like the chrisman cars. If anyone has pics please post em!

2. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

3. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

I have photos of it in a book, called Von Dutch The Art,The Myth, The legend. The rear panel looks to be a sheet metal panel to give the look of a gas tank, looks to be 8 inches, with the Von Dutch eyeball in the center. I get some photos to share tommorow. This is as good as I can do tonight
    [​IMG]

4. koolkat

koolkat
    from Merced CA

Anybody got a head-on shot of the radiator pinstriping?

5. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

thats a great start! anyone else out there?? any magazine features?? and i agree with koolcat as well, anybody with pics of the radiator pinstriping???

6. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

another day, pics? anyone at all?

7. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

There was a fairly recent article done on the car. I'm not sure if it was Rod and Custom or StreetRodder. I'll see if I am able to find something on it.

8. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

[​IMG]

Ol Mr. Howard out did himself here

9. koolkat

koolkat
    from Merced CA

Koooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

bad ass, does anyone know what material besides just the blades on the radiator he did the striping on???

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  11. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

yes? no? maybe? god, getting anyone to reply to my threads is like beating a dead horse!

12. koolkat

koolkat
    from Merced CA

It looks like nobody knows.....?:confused:

13. showrod

showrod

that is not the radiator he striped but a grille insert. I believe street rodder did a story on the restored car years ago. all the original dutch artwork was missing prior to restoration and the rear panel had a whole cut in it where the original flying eyeball was.