Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Jack Carroll's '32 Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 15, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Thanks for posting Ryan. I have loved this car for a long time. One of the best 32's of all time!

3. great car, one of the best channeled deuces ever...I am painting my car a similar color and was hoping I made the right choice...after seeing Jacks car...I DID.

4. Jack is one of the coolest, nicest guys you could meet. He really did a great job on that car...L.B.

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

My God, I have seen this car a bunch of times here on the HAMB but never got the scoop. It's so nice and I can't imagine why more people are not gaga over this thing. And don't get me started on that chromed rear and spring. I think I just fell in love!!!

Chris Casney is one of the coolest mother fuckers around, and is always a pleasure to shoot the shit with. It's nice when people that have a great deal of talent are so humble and willing to go out of their way to compliment what you are doing and building. That's the type of guy Chris is.

6. brady1929

brady1929

what a kick ass car!

7. cball

cball

Beautiful car!

8. Subtle, like a glancing tap to the nuts that brings tears to your eyes,

9. rodncustom

rodncustom

Wow, very nice.

10. flamingokid

flamingokid

That car rates a perfect 10.

11. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Bitchin car.

I know why Chris and get along well, although we've never met in person. He has a similar eye when he shoots. When I look at this shot, I think that is EXACTLY how I would have shot that! :D

[​IMG]

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that coupe is extra cool. seen it at Bakersfield. something about that color... whodathunk a brown 32 would be so cool? great bunch of parts and a perfect stance, but that color really sets it apart from the rest.

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Most definitely a very tasty "32. I'd say it would look good parked in my garage but this beat up old body would never fit inside. So..........instead, how about parking it in my living room and just admiring it? That doesn't work either as this one has got to be out and about making others jealous of the owner.:rolleyes::eek::cool::D

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. just the way it should be. don't care for brown

15. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

More proof why fenderless, 5W '32's look BETTER channelled......

Badass car......that color RULES.......

16. rtsidejohnny

rtsidejohnny

Thanks Ryan, when I started my 5 window project 3 months ago people showed me examples of the details I was going for, and a shot of this car in Bako last year was by by far my fav. It's great to get more pic's and the details!

17. Doctor Destructo

Doctor Destructo

18. Ryan ... Thanks for posting this.

Dreadman ... Nice photography.

Jack Carroll ... Way Bitchin' Coupe ... I put it in the same class as my other two favorite chopped & channeled Deuce 5-windows ...

... Don Williams' "Collegiate Coupe":

[​IMG]

... and Lynn Yakel's:

[​IMG]

The first time I saw the "Carroll 5wd" in person was @ the 2008 California Hot Rod Reunion ... I took a bunch of "snapshots" of the car ... here's a few of them:

CHRR '08 -Jack Carroll 5wd - 3-4 front.jpg CHRR '08 -Jack Carroll 5wd.jpg CHRR '08 -Jack Carroll 5wd - 3-4 rear.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  19. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great looking car with killer stance and proportions... Thank for the photos and words, guys!

Malcolm

20. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

great lookin coupe

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  21. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

That Deuce is so beautiful. Everything about it is stunning. In my opinion, that is the probably the best Deuce I have seen. Thank you so much for sharing.

22. Africawim

Africawim

You said it.........not a color I think I could pull off....but then some cars just flat work. not too much chopped, not too much dropped and it all comes together and just sits right.

23. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

One of the BEST Deuce 5 Windows EVER in my opinion!Everything about the damn thing is PERFECT!

Nick.

24. What a killer coupe. The stance and proportions are spot on perfect. For some reason this coupe reminds me of something out of a Keith Weesner drawing. Simply great!

25. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Another vote for "perfect" status!
    What can I say except "Damn!"

26. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

I'm thinking PERFECT too , great post thanks, Ryan

27. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

I remember being FLOORED by Jack's car at the Primer Nat's in '05, but never knew anything more than what I saw. Thanks for the write-up on this beaut, Chris and Ryan...

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  28. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Jack's car is the real deal, he does really "get" the traditional Hot Rod thing.
    Him and I, kind of think alike (I don't want to put myself on a pedestal, thou), he's got me beat by a mile, when it comes to experience.

We spent some time figuring stuff out on my car, as well as his car, when he decided to chrome the whole rear axle and change the gears in his axle, it became clear that we share the same obsessive mind, when it comes to details and engineering.
    He nailed every detail on his car, and I hope just to get my car half as perfect.
    Jack's car, for me is "THE" deuce, out there.

Keep your eyes open for it, in the next Roll & Pleats magazine.

Thanks Ryan for putting this out there, this car deserves all the exposure it can get.

Hey, I'm not "that" cool:D
    Thanks Django, I just snap away and hope for the best.

29. 31whitey

31whitey

Its a dead nuts nailed perfect deuce....you like that one.

This is one of the best examples of traditional channeled car.