Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical J Rubber Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sgt. John, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Sgt. John

Sgt. John
    from Virginia

Hello ...I have a 56 Buick Century 4dr. hardtop.... where are the J..rubbers located and also what is the track of rubber called that is located on the front of the back door that the front window slides up and down in

2. Dunno if this is any help but I remember on a 1951 Chev Sedan that the rubber piece that went on either side of the cowl above where the upper door hinge was located was called a J rubber and was about 8-10" long and curled around the hinge area and up the door pillar to stop water dripping down on the sill/rocker area...........no idea about any hardtop window rubbers tho'...........andyd

3. Sgt. John

Sgt. John
    from Virginia

thank you

4. Tri five chevy has a J rubber on the front of the door. Two holes down about 10 inches for the Christmas trees to hold the rubber then glues on the door. They are hard to get right. Most are made too thick so the door really squashes them. I use super glue to mount them. They will stay for maybe six months. Helps seal the dog leg like stated above but these are on the door itself.