Register now to get rid of these ads!

I've brought home some crazy projects, but my friend took the cake here.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moloko, May 3, 2012.

1. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

2. Looks like something that would chase the crap out of Dennis Weaver on a lonely stretch of road!

3. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I've always wanted to take a B-61 {rounded fenders} and put it on a late model dually chassis with diesel power. Build a pickup bed that looks like it might have been factory and use it for a tow vehicle.

I saw a Pete or KW that was built that way a few years back. The guy used it to pull a 30" enclosed fifth wheel car trailer. It looked like a factory built 3/4 ton pickup. He sectioned it down so that the porportions were right.

4. Keep

Keep

hahaha so did you figure out what came flying out of the exhaust pipe?

Looks like a wild project!

5. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

That would make one cool 5th wheel RV hauler....!!
    I belong to a group that pulls with newer semis.....but a few are making old Gals like yours for that purpose...(obviously with some major changes and updates)
    Your Mack would be a real killer for this fershure !! :D
    Here is a picture of an older GMC redone for that purpose..
    Cheers...

Attached Files:

6. Unfortunately, corporate headquarters is now in Greensboro, N.C., thanks to Volvo ownership.

7. evs1

evs1

Actually I think that cab dates from the late 50's up into the early 70's. They had changed the pickup cabs in the early 60's but maintained the same basic design for their commercial trucks for several more years.

8. Moloko

Moloko

Well tonight it ran on fuel.

We went to bleed the injector lines, and it was only getting fuel out of cylinder 2. We cracked them at the pump, same thing. At this point we said screw it and took the injection pump apart. Inside were 6 "lifters" and springs. All the springs were stuck up except for cylinder two. At first we tried taking everything apart and seeing where they were stuck, but couldn't find anything. Just to see if it would work, I stuck a pry bar in the spring and hit it with a hammer, and it worked. We determined this to be the proper service procedure for this truck, and did it to the rest of the springs. After bleeding the lines it started right up on diesel and runs near perfect.

Here is the springs I'm talking about. This is all of them after they have been fixed.

[​IMG]

9. jazz1

jazz1

The big trucks have a very limited resale market ,,I had this 1965 B42 one for a year,,my neighbour had given it to me as he could not find a buyer...I finally sold it to a Mack collector..they are cool but you need a purpose for them,,,not exactly the evening cruisers IMO

[​IMG]

10. Moloko

Moloko

11. Cab sorta reminds me of an International pickup.
    Cool.

12. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Sounds Awesome !!
    Good for you...now enjoy that big old devil. :D
    Cheers.....

13. Ramblur

Ramblur

Cool,you got it running. Now get busy...Lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. davo461

davo461

(As the girl said to the sailor)

15. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

That 60 is too cool Sbaker ...thanks for showing it

16. Boryca

Boryca
    from Detroit

Duel. That's the movie you're thinking of. Though I think that one's a Pete. It's been a day or two since I've seen it.

17. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Correct...is was a 359 Pete...actually there were two of them for the movie.
    One of them is in a Northern Ill museum...I saw it a year ago....kinda scary just looking at it...
    Also .... JMHO...but that movie was stupid !! :eek:
    Cheers....

18. Moloko

Moloko

We have new videos!

It moves, with brakes! Just fronts though, turns out someone already capped the rear air lines, but it was good enough to move her around a bit. Then we chopped the muffler off promptly.

Then we pulled a tree out of the ground. We had to, really.

19. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Man Oh Man....you guys are having just way too much fun...
    And please keep the updates and videos coming !!
    Cheers.........

20. Sounds like an old diesel - wait - it is! :D

love the overkill of using it to rip out a rotten tree - way too much torque is just right.

21. Boryca

Boryca
    from Detroit

It was a dumb movie. But you can't help but watch it through, then tell your friends to watch it too just so they can feel your pain :cool:

22. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Yes I was aware,the Bighorns were made all the way to 1975 only used the 56-60 cabs. Some of the heavier duty model dodges in the 60's used the cabs too. But getting back to the Macks at hand,Anyone know when Brockway started using Mack R model cabs and cabovers? The R model Macks especially had a vintage looking cab that was used all the way until like 2003 I think?

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

24. Moloko

Moloko

So in case it wasn't bad enough.... this showed up today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yup, he got another one. This time a 1965 Mack B61. Most likely going to part it out and scrap it.

25. burnout2614

burnout2614

When I was 16 a buddy had a B61 that we played with. We would split EVERY gear change in a 300 foot run. Those old Macks are T U F F ! peace

26. Model T1

Model T1

I like them both. But really love to have the blue 1965 B-61. I'm a retarded trucker and that would be fun to play with. Maybe fix up to haul a streetrod or a fifthwheel RV. Like I need another project.
    Please don't show me anymore!:rolleyes:
    I just got promoted to Grenade inspector. Got any to check...Ooops what was this little pin for? Hold this thing while I check!

27. Moloko

Moloko

Problem with the B61 is the cab is sitting on the frame in the back, the whole floor and cab mounts are rusted to nothing. Both rockers are rusted away, and the frame has rot in it, not to mention someone got happy with a torch cutting off whatever used to be on the back.

28. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

They make cool car carriers.

29. oj

oj

My dad hauled logs and i grew up with macks. He tried the b81 but there was a bridge (this is on a logging road called the Reality Road, from Maine to Quebec) that the fenders wouldn't fit thru and they had to back it up for miles until there was a spot wide enough to turn around.
    Just gotta love an old truck.

30. Moloko

Moloko