Register now to get rid of these ads!

It's true HRLC learns to weld!!! Look out world

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KustomLincolnLady, Apr 17, 2004.

1. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Went to Enjenjo's today for the RRT BBQ Trailer Build. Rob taught Denise how to weld, and then grind down her weld!!!! Something she said shes wanted to do for a long time. Thought you guys and gals would enjoy these. sure hope it works, lol

Attached Files:

2. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Wow That was fun!!!! [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Is there anything that woman can't do?!
    Very cool Denise. Everyone should know how to weld.

4. hankcash

hankcash

Awesome!

Welding is an addiction for some.....
    I am one of them.....

HC

5. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Close up of her first bead!!!!

Attached Files:

6. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Ok, now for a lesson in grinding. Weld needs a little clean up work Can't stop 1/2 way were almost there!! [​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Oh man, now I got flash burn....!

That's really cool, Denise. You go girl!

JOE[​IMG]

8. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

There thats a little better!

Attached Files:

9. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

That was a dirty job, but someone had to do it!!
    Thanks Rob

Attached Files:

10. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

When she completes welding 101, I've got this coupe she can practice on... [​IMG]

11. Fat Cat

Fat Cat

[ QUOTE ]
    When she completes welding 101, I've got this coupe she can practice on... [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck she is long past that. Today enjenjo proclaimed her capable of welding up suspension parts. [​IMG]

12. Nice weld Denise!!.....congrat's!! [​IMG]

13. Germ

Germ

Thats Cool.
    She's living the LIFE, she wants to LIVE,, DRIVING the CAR all over the country,
    KICKING the asses of HER bullies with CHOP CHOP. Cooking a MEAN ass BATCH of COOKIES,, and PARTYING like a TEENAGER with the PRISON thugs I bring to B-VILLE....

HAHAHAH
    Next thing you know she will be BUILDING frame JIGS and put SQUEEK out of BUSINESS,,,
    XOXOXO
    germ

14. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

"Don't Hobart that joint my friend..."
    "Pass it over to me..."

Oops, wrong song! [​IMG]

She'll be after the Salinas Boys next Germ... [​IMG]

15. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

Kickass Denise!!!!

16. hankcash

hankcash

You weld like a girl!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

HC

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW, an awesome day spent with awesome friends, AND one of them was paitent enough to teach me how to weld.....something I've been wanting to do for a very long time as KustomLincolnLady mentioned. My instructor was her husband Rob who is a great metal man.

Lots of RRT folks got together today to build a BBQ trailer. At first the guys thought that they could keep us "women folk" outta their hair (or what's left of it) by giving us a menial chore like wet sanding the oxidation off the AL wheels.
    [​IMG]
    Well, we did as we were told, with smiles on our faces, for a bit. Then I thought, this certainly isn't as much fun as the guys were having inside the garage welding and grinding stuff, so I wandered in there, batted my eyelids a few times asking if I could try. Well Rob relented, probley thinking what harm could I cause, and I was thinking, at least I'm not learning on Big Olds, in case I make a drastic mistake. [​IMG]

After alittle instruction, I laid down a few bird turds, alittle more instruction, a few more bird turds, then after a bit they really started to look like welds that might actaully hold together. At least by that point I was making a somewhat smooth, straight line. [​IMG]

A group shot of a few of the guys that helped build the BBQ thus far. This thing is going to be kick ass and we hope everyone stops by at the next show for a hot one right off the grill.

Attached Files:

18. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

or a cold one from the bar [​IMG] I would like to add a HUGE thanks to Debb's husband Rob for teaching me and for Enjenjo and FartCat for coming up with not only the cool idea of the BBQ build but for hosting the event as well. Can't wait for the GG Indy show now to try it out!

Attached Files:

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[ QUOTE ]
    You weld like a girl!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

HC

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey sweetheart, I am a girl..... in case you never noticed [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for all the kudos guys, I'm going to be a welding fool for sure! [​IMG]

21. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

You guys look like you are having toooooooo much fun. That's what seems to happen whenever Denise is around. Anyway I wish I could have joined you but spent the day waiting for SOMEONE who didn't make it clear they were coming NEXT weekend to paint their VW. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

22. hankcash

hankcash

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    You weld like a girl!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

HC

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for all the kudos guys, I'm going to be a welding fool for sure! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Denise, I know that you are a girl....
    I am just being the sarcastic ass that I am......
    Cherry says that you guys are gonna teach me the finer points of scrapbookin [​IMG]

HC

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'd LOVE nothing more then to scrapbook with you. In fact, I have an idea for a scrapbook that you and I could collaborate together on. We could use your black and white photoshop skills and my organizational skills, and make one hell of a HAMB Drags scrapbook for everyone to enjoy. I'll PM you with some ideas next week.

Believe it or not, even with all that sanding, welding, grinding, and cooking we did, us girls even managed a trip to the local scrapbook store today, of course the men folk think we just headed out for beer and ice [​IMG]

24. Denise ,were you able to save any Sparks for your scrapbook [​IMG]

I want to tell you guys, she has a natural talent for welding. In less than 15 minutes she was laying down beads as good as guys that have been welding for years, And better than some dudes that THINK they can weld [​IMG]

I'm realy proud of you, you did real good today. Now show the pic of you with the black stuff all over your forehead from the welding mask [​IMG].

Oh, Race wants to know if you want to fix his drivers door on his pickup [​IMG] [​IMG]

25. hankcash

hankcash

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd LOVE nothing more then to scrapbook with you. In fact, I have an idea for a scrapbook that you and I could collaborate together on. We could use your black and white photoshop skills and my organizational skills, and make one hell of a HAMB Drags scrapbook for everyone to enjoy. I'll PM you with some ideas next week.

Believe it or not, even with all that sanding, welding, grinding, and cooking we did, us girls even managed a trip to the local scrapbook store today, of course the men folk think we just headed out for beer and ice [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

... you know that I am not gay right (not that there is anything wrong with that)...

Actually, I would love to scrapbook with you gals... like I told CB.. I could scrapbook circles around ya'lls (remember i'm in Texas) asses!!!!

let's do it...
    Can I be an honorary Gay Michigan bitch for a day?
    HC

26. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyway I wish I could have joined you but spent the day waiting for SOMEONE who didn't make it clear they were coming NEXT weekend to paint their VW. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm blown away that you even know what scrapbooking is, let alone do it. [​IMG]

Roadstar, your just to sweet for words. Thanks for the compliment. And thanks for the AWESOME ride in VooDoo Child today. The cruz to OH and back sure made the day even more special. [​IMG] He certainly isn't a "show car" any longer is he? See now, that first stone chip didn't hurt too bad, did it? [​IMG]

Attached Files:

28. hankcash

hankcash

hrlc, I know what it is, but I don't "do it"...

and if I did.. i don't want to be "outed" here in front of my HAMB brothers......

we'll talk later... PM's are the best communication for these sort of affairs... [​IMG]

HC

29. Yup, I'm proud of every bug on the windshield and front fenders.
    I had fun today too. [​IMG] [​IMG]

30. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey sweetie.......when I got to hug you at York in the wet rubber outfit....I KNEW you were a "girl!" [​IMG]