Register now to get rid of these ads!

It's Sunday after a long weekend... What did you accomplish?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SanDiegoJoe, Dec 27, 2009.

1. bob308

bob308

did a plumbing job in the bathroom.

2. T-Bone Turner

T-Bone Turner

Rearranged the garage gettin ready for the 41 tear down

3. McDeuce

McDeuce

Played Call of Duty on PS3 with my son and Mario on WII with my Daughter for hours.

4. Humg the last 4 sheets of sheet rock in my shop office. Cleaned up the shop welding area. Sat on my ass and watched some college and professional football on the TV. That's pretty much it. :cool:

5. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not much ,ate to much ,moved snow, feed cattle, broke ice ,played with the granddaugther and cleared the landlords drive .

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I hung a giant banner announcing the new 1955 Chevrolet trucks. cleaned up some junk. filled my toolbox up with tools from arond the shop. talked to some buddies.

7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Spent Sat. shopping for an after Christmas sale on a TV that got wiped out awhile back by a mini tornado/electricity storm, had another TV and just waited till the sales to buy another.
    Wound up getting a 50" plasma and a Blu Ray player at a good price.
    Today I spent some time digesting an almost incomprehensible assembly manual and installing a tilting wall mount for the TV. Been doing some reading on setting up & wiring it all up with the rest of my electronic entertainment equipment.
    Dave

8. Dropped the wife off at Detroit airport Wednesday night for Vancouver. I drove from Lansing MI area to High Point NC Thursday. Christmas with part of the family down there then headed back Saturday - about a 9 1/2 to 10 hours trip each way, at least the weather was pretty good. R&R Sunday. Back to work Monday. Or maybe I'll work on car stuff in the garage instead. I need a vacation.

9. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I worked on the coupe, everyday. The end is near!

10. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Picked up 2 more sedans with lots of extra parts. Also went duck hunting shot 3 birds.

Attached Files:

11. mj40's

mj40's

THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL! For the 40 Ford or the brother?

12. hoodrich56

hoodrich56

13. BISHOP

BISHOP

Ate allot of really good food, drank allot of cold beer, and today I fabed up the parts to hold my velocity stacks and filters on.

I also stacked a bunch of wood for my shop stove, and washed my wifes truck.

14. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Removed, stripped, painted and reinstalled the dash of a 32 coupe. Then went and took pictures of a 1914 Studebaker barn find with only 3600 original miles. The owner is wanting to sell........if anyone is interested.

15. willymakeit

willymakeit

Epoxy primed the new bed and cover I built, relocated rear bumper up 2 '', and istalled the receiver hitch on my 56 F100.

16. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

this

Attached Files:

17. Muttley

Muttley

Watched football and nursed my Basset Hound after her surgery last Tuesday.

18. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Got way to distracted with food and drink. I managed to pick up two perfect fenders for the 60 Apache. Pulled the dents out of the drivers door I bought last week. Removed the trashed fenders on the 60. I say a few more weekends and I will have this 60 looking more respectable.

19. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

that is gonna look killer.

- Joe

20. [​IMG]

... you let the air out of your tires?

Looks GREAT!

21. MarkzRodz

MarkzRodz
    BANNED

1.Killed off an 18 Pak of cold Michelobs.
    2.Smoothed some body filler with Purple Sticky 420 grit.
    3.Sold my 1997 Nissan Pk up and then drove 250 miles to buy a one owner 1974 Chevy swb pick up with 63K actual miles. It's to be my daily driver and it has no computer!, a straight 6 , and I get Antique License plates too.

Attached Files:

22. theczking

theczking

finished mocking up my steering

Attached Files:

23. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

No , the owner hasn't sent any money so I slashed them and sent him pics ! now ....pay up ! just kiddin, something new were working on , the second series after ians brown walls, these and widwwhiteflatwalls. !

24. texas56

texas56

Got the electricty in our new shop out back! Or got a good start on it anyway!

25. Finished chopping the drivers door and bolted the body down and lined up the doors on the ole ladys A. Ran out of mig wire or I would have gotten more done.

26. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Dropped a thrust washer and spent 30 minutes trying to find it - without sucess. This lead me to determine the garage is at an unusually high state of pig stye. So I spent the rest of the day cleaning it up and still haven't finished - maybe today.

BTW still haven't found that thrust washer, but did find a few center drills.

27. Chuck R

Chuck R

[​IMG]
    That's one way to lower it. New type of air bag system.
    chuck

28. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I also used the old, unworking lighter to mount the St. Christopher that my wife got me for Christmas on the dash of the '59.

Used JB Weld...

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From 1959 Chevrolet Apache 1/2 Ton</td></tr></table>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  29. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I worked on the '31 Chevy Coupe with Hotdamn on Saturday so that we could give it to my father in law for his 60th birthday yesterday in one piece. Went really well. We got the boxing plates welded in up front and the rear sub rails made. I have some pics soon.

30. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Hey Joe, that roof flashing tape is a bitch to get off! Are you going to apply it on the whole floor? Are you doing it for heat shielding or for a general water seal?