Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Its not much but its something

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Nick, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Big Nick

Big Nick

Well I blew the motor in my Tahoe so the 52 has become my daily driver. This weekend we had some nice weather so I pulled the cover off and did some udating, put some new wiper arms and blades on, got some mirrors on, still can see shit out of them, new steering wheel cause the other one was drilled out so much you made a quarter turn with just the wheel before it caught and washed it up. I love driving it everyday, I've done it before we had all the snow, I just need to get a radio in there, I'm having Stern withdrawls. I also got my 51 pan out and washed, I took it on a cross country trip last month and havent looked at since I got home, it needed it!!! Next up is instaling the Rebel wire harness I got, new tail lights and brackets and the new door linkage so I can open the door from the inside. Then its chrome steelies and some wide whites for now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dragass

dragass

Nice pair Nick. You're a lucky man.

Gil

3. MarkzRodz

MarkzRodz
    BANNED

Sorry you're going through such tough times.

4. Big Nick

Big Nick

hahahaha you know, I wasnt even upset over the Tahoe, I know its going to run me a few grand for a new motor but it just doesnt seem to bother me. :D

5. Irish

Irish

Nice bike, that's shovelhead motor though...

6. Big Nick

Big Nick

its a 51 pan bottom with shovel heads. Trust me, that motor has been apart too many times for me not to know what it is! Its a pain in the ass honestly :D. I built that bike a few years back with a 93" cone shovel in it, no paint and just beat it till it had enough (it was featured in Iron Horse, Nov/Dec 06), then I got a set of pan cases and used the heads off the old motor and rebuilt it, painted it and was afraid to ride it, it was too nice to me. I got over that, you can see the bent pegs from jumping a speed bump in Arizona. hahahaha