Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration It's Not Friday, but... Stefan Marjoram

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Now, that's something I would put on my walls. So modern, yet antique.

3. very cool...dig the simplicity

4. 31fordV860

31fordV860

What a talent ..... great artwork! I know it would be virtually impossible ...... it would be cool at some point to have a show (with cars of course) and invite some of these gifted artists to show case their work. I would travel to see it ....

The HAMB has some very gifted artists, and I always look forward to the Friday Artwork.

5. Love his style. This "simplistic" sketchy style is a LOT harder than it looks. Thanks Ryan.

6. froghawk

froghawk

The great artists are the ones who make it look easy. The mark of the master is in every one of those drawings; they are a delight to look at, in the way they express the form and character of the subject and in the way they express the sheer joy of drawing!

7. Labold

Labold

Most of my car artwork and pictures end up in my office or garage. Even my wife would proudly display these in the living room.
    He's got a fantastic style.

8. Thanks man. That guys art made my day.

9. Ed Zackley

Ed Zackley
    from Hokeyhomey

Those paintings remind me of a dream that was actually an old memory filtered through the gulf between a past life and a present one.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice work and thanks for sharing. I'd love to have a print of the green number 8 car drawing.

11. Chris 50

Chris 50

I'm blown away every time I see his work on the Friday art show here. I'm amazed that some of his work looks like it belongs in a gallery and some looks like it belongs on the wall in my sons room, yet it's still consistent.

12. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Stephan is a fantastic artist and I have enjoyed every post he has made in the friday art show. Love how he sees the car.

13. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

love the art work and the subject matter.

14. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

I too enjoy seeing his work on the Friday art show, his stuff is magnificent!

15. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

No offense meant to the perfectionists and realists out there but to my eye a wiggly line is more interesting than straight line and fewer lines are more interesting than a lot of them. Stefan's work involves and invites the viewer to fill in the details and feel the speed and power of his subjects. While the rest of us struggle like ants to put something on paper he is what you call a natural. Either that or he struggles like a 1,000 ants to make it look so natural.

16. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I too have been impressed when he posts on F.A.S. I love the simplicity. I am usually opposite of that. To each his own and he does a great job of it!! There are shows that have artists also, Detroit Autorama, Hunnert, Vintage Torque Fest, to name a few. Thanks for highlighting a great artist Ryan!

17. pitman

pitman

Sketches and renderings, with a kind of reverential quality, Just gorgeous.

18. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

I have always enjoyed his art on the Friday show.

19. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Really like his aesthetics...very nice and consistent style

20. James66g

James66g

I was blown away by that grouping he did poster style reminded me of the old ship or plane spotter silouetes my dad used to have.

I have to admit the friday art show is one of my favorite features of the HAMB I wish there was a way to get a HAMB F.A.S room at some events and us lessor beings could draw with Guys like Stefen and Norwell Weesner and the like. How awesome an experiance would that be?

21. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

I say this every friday when I join the HAMB Art masses. Thanks for the inspiration. It is beyond amazing the high caliber of artists. Stefan’s work is so Bad Ass. But you guys already know that. HAHA. Slim

22. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

Well put, Bomonster. Clean and definite lines leave nothing for the imagination to skew. It makes them boring! Much like your scratchboards. They show you an image, but you have to see the picture for yourself.

Stefan's work looks like what goes on in my head, but not what my finished product will look like. Most of us can't leave well enough alone. Apparently he can!

23. vintage tin

vintage tin

Beautiful work! Always exciting when he posts up something new on the FAS. I am amazed at some of the talent that can post up a loose style sketch that is so incredible that it blows you away. kind of reiterating what Bomonster said.

24. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

Cool stuff!

very talented guy

25. autobilly

autobilly

Quote:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by froghawk [​IMG]
    ...they are a delight to look at, in the way they express the form and character of the subject and in the way they express the sheer joy of drawing!
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Not to mention a definite love for the asthetics of vintage mechanical.

26. flamingokid

flamingokid

Great stuff,great talent.

27. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Thanks for bringing Stefan's work to the fore, Ryan. He's brilliant.

28. froghawk

froghawk

Indeed! For that reason I'd love to see him do a series on early aircraft; Stefan's aesthetic would lend itself well to depicting, say, RAF aircraft of the 1920s and 1930s (not that he needs a homework assignment from me to help fill his sketchbook!)

29. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

I have to agree with Bomonster in that Stefan's work seems to come natural to him. Like any artist, I am sure he has worked hard for many years to get to where he is at. His simple lines translate into mechanical beauty and he leaves enough to the viewer's imagination so that they can almost finish each illustration in thier own mind. I look forward to each FAS to see what each artist has done for the week and Stefan's work is icing on the cake. Thanks for bringing Stefan's artwork front and center, where it belongs!

30. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I think the secret to his work is that it is so readily digestible to the eye. Some art has a struggle for a balance of focal points. This guys art is so fluid and graceful, your eyes don't jump around and struggle about where to look, the are happy just to be patient and glide across the image. Even the coloration he uses causes no conflict to your viewing. Looks like it should be easy to do, but not.