Register now to get rid of these ads!

Its Mine if I Want It...But What Is It???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slick Willy, May 10, 2010.

1. F&J

F&J

You nailed it for sure

2. Another!

Attached Files:

3. 117harv

117harv

DAMN, that cars bitchen just as it is no chop or shortening needed.

4. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

ran when parked...lol

5. kookee

kookee

Agreed. Great find Ratmotor!

6. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

7. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Okay, just back to read the updates!! Thanks ratmotor awesome job!...we just pulled it out to daylight and talked to the homeowner who said it was already closed in the cellar when she bought the place in the 50's...theres nothing else there or buried in the area. So it was either a calculated or lucky save of a cool piece. My trailer is out of state for the day so it wont be back to my shop for a bit. As soon as it is I will have better daylight pics of it to share...

So, was this an industry wide add on, or was it specific to studeabakers? There wasnt a tag near the mirror mount...Oh well, I should have better pics tomorrow!!
    Thanks guys!!

8. I'd say it is a stock Stude!

9. Or a Packard:p

10. 1933BOB

1933BOB

I think the key is to take a better look at the fenders. Not to many cars with the flat edge on top like that. I would consider chrysler, packard franklin pierce-arrow things of that sort. good luck I would grab it even if for yard art!

11. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

was the "hardtop" an option from the convertible phaeton or was the duplex a hartop touring car? Does that make sense??

12. Aftermarket add-on for an open touring car, or roadster PU as posted.

13. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

It is just what the pics show..the rear fenders are stepped although they appear flat in my pics... now im just wondering about the logistics of a "hardtop phaeton":rolleyes:

14. The page from my book.

Attached Files:

15. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Thanks Ratmotor!...now im off to the drawing board!!

16. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Very cool find good luck

17. ratster

ratster

cant wait to see it in the day light

18. Never2low

Never2low

I was thinking "flower car" from a funeral home, before I read anything. But, Ratmotor nailed it. I'd never seen a curved back window or the rear door that far forward, made me think touring car or coach built Towne Car. The fenders made me think '25-'27ish, but I was thinking custom coach built. Rare find non the less. Nice score, can't beat the price

19. Very cool find.... Stuff is still out there, just gotta keep your eyes and ears open!

James

20. davis574ord

davis574ord

who cares what it is, get that sum-bitch home, what a lucky dude you are, thats cool good luck!

21. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

looking good Bill. that's some interesting material. wonder what you'll do with it.

22. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I can see a WICKED HOT ROD SHOP project for the winter.

23. Looking at the pics Ratmotor dug up, I'd say you've got the hard part done. Cowl is flat out to the hood, not much body curve...shouldn't be TOO difficult to make that into somethin'!

24. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

So, I hit the drawing pad last night and couldnt help but find influences like Ed Roth and others...with a crazy idea of the "purple people eater" in my head...
    [​IMG]

25. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

This afternoon got a trailer and some man power and got this thing loaded and back to my shop!!!:D:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

I will preface this post by just saying...I put this together sort of as a joke cuz i had the stuff right there:p. the chassis is a '35 ford 1-1/2 ton. I thought it would be funny but i sorta like it!! This is not how it will be in the end but for now it will definitely get the neighbors talking!!:D:eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My brother had to put a seat in it and start making vroom-vroom noises...ya hes almost 40!:eek:

27. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

haha...i kinna like it on the big frame...but im really bored right now!!! :p neat find! makes ya wonder what the hell happend to the rest of it....

28. joel torres

joel torres

that body is sick

29. Reminds me of the Hotwheels Demon car.....

30. Never2low

Never2low

It kinda reminds me of a Munsters car, with the high back, and the roof overhanging so far. That would be cool as hell to make a Frankenstein rod out of it, brass coach lights and so on..... A straight 8 or a packard 12 would look killer in that long frame.