Register now to get rid of these ads!

Its like an online game show....Scam or No-scam....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spitfire1776, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Spitfire1776

Spitfire1776
    from York, PA

...selling my Stude truck I have a legitimate guy in Sweden that wants to buy it, so I don't write international guys off immediately. But I get this email this morning of a bloke that's willing to pay more money. Sounds legit (He did ask specific questions which is unusual with scammers, maybe they're getting better) and ask him where he's from and answer his questions. He comes back with this email.

"Hello,

Thank you so much for your mail. I am glad the vehicle is in good shape. I'll take the vehicle for the firm price. Am located in United Kingdom. Please, send your full name/address and telephone number so that payment can be arranged and sent to
    you via UPS.I'll also you a tracking number to have the payment tracked.I would like to know if you can make yourself available when the shipping company comes for the pickup of the vehicle?

I await your response soonest.

Best and kind regards,

Donovan Jones"

What's even trickier is the first email wasn't yahoo, but the second was. So careful out there guys, the leeches are growing legs.

2. peteynj

peteynj
    from Jersey

something ain t right stick with the sweed

3. Spitfire1776

Spitfire1776
    from York, PA

Oh yeah, I plan on it. I just wanted to put it out there in case somebody else comes across a similar deal.

4. TCURRIER

TCURRIER
    Alliance Vendor
    from michigan

let em send you the cash, then keep it, and mail him a matchbox car. turn the table on the scammer and see how he like's it

5. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

Let me guess. When the UPS guy delivers the payment it will be in the form of a cashiers check for more than the agreed amount and he will ask for the difference refunded. These guys need to come up with something new.

6. ANYTIME SOMEONE WILL PAY MORE FOR A CAR THAN WHAT YOU ARE ASKING= ITS A SCAM! Please do a search before you ask, not only you but, everyone else that asks this question once a week.

7. rockabilly_bass

rockabilly_bass

see if the cahs clears in your bank , then send it , its that simple if it doesnt clear , then he doesnt get shit

8. forward him your local FBI office name and address. that is what I did when i sold my bike and some scam artist wanted to play. Make the FBi work for their money.

9. sandimasguy

sandimasguy

unless he pays you with a bank transfer you can still get screwed

even cashiers checks can be forged or bad

10. Spitfire1776

Spitfire1776
    from York, PA

Actually, as I said, I wasn't asking. I know its a scam. I was putting it out there for anybody else that might get faced with this, because its not the usual scam. Number one, the first email came from a non-yahoo address (yahoo is usually a good clue). Second he asked some specific questions. Which isn't usually a trait of a scam. They are usually vague. He offered no money above and beyond what I asked, only the amount I asked. And mentioned no method of payment other than UPS. Now if you were looking out for those tell tale signs and they weren't present, a less experienced person might buy into it. All I'm trying to do is get the word out for those that haven't experienced it. I figure with a lot of the other OT stuff floating on here lately, maybe something that could save a HAMB'r a little grief might be welcome.

Please don't get parental with me.