Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs It's like 60 Oldsmobiles are falling from the sky!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by papajohn, Jun 24, 2014.

1. papajohn

papajohn

So I bought a 60 Olds Fiesta wagon a couple weeks back. It's a bucket list car. I'm looking to find a transmission and instead I stumble on another bucket list car! A 60 Olds convertible.

I used my better judgement and bought it on only a few pics and a quick phone call with the owner. Just 4 days later it's here. (Thanks to Bill's Autoworks)

In between I scored an Offy 3 manifold for cheap on the local craigslist. I may play the lottery tonite.

Posted using a number two pencil on a paper napkin.

Attached Files:

2. Geeze, if you run into any 59-60 Pontiacs let me know.

3. good saves.....the convert doesn't look that bad for up north....

4. missysdad1

missysdad1

Oh, my! You're in trouble now! But you did the right thing buying the ragtop. You'll never regret it.

These big GM cruisers are so under-appreciated and make such wonderful mild and semi-customs. Doesn't take much, either. Just clean off all the trinkets, lower it about 3" front and rear, OEM-style chrome reverse wheels with pinner whites...and don't forget a smooth one color paint job (I've always liked baby blue on '60s convertibles) and a narrow-pleat tuck and roll interior in bright white vinyl.

Mmmm-mmmm! I can almost taste it.

5. papajohn

papajohn

Overall it's super solid. Great floors, has some previous work on rockers but inners are solid. Perfect gas tank, top frame is nice too. I'm glad I acted fast.

Posted using a number two pencil on a paper napkin.

6. One of the most beautiful cars ever....I got my first convertable last year and love it

7. hotrodfords

hotrodfords

...buy the Lotto ticket, and NOW: it's better odds than finding the 2 '60 Olds...

8. chubbie

chubbie

I don't have a trans for you, BUT.....i do have a trans adapter to put a chevy auto trans behind that olds!!

9. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I like the wag best, but congrats on the vert.

10. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Got a 60 olds Jetaway automatic. Might need work, but it is all there. If interested PM me. $100 plus shipping. (I use a company that probably can ship to you for around $100)