Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage It's JUNE anyone going to the LA Roadster Show and Swap Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Jun 1, 2015.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

We went to LARS last year for the first time and had a great time, going out again this year. What pre events are planned, what places do you hope to visit? Bob

2. yep just 17 days before we depart, cant wait :):)

3. I may go sell, but have never been there specifically for that. However its a slightly better deal for you if you go sell if the spaces dont get sold out.

So who on here has went to sell and what are the tips or tricks. Does the space allow for two people? Do you camp out each night?

4. Drive'em

Drive'em

5. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

6. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I plan to be there Saturday selling in the swap. Think I'll drop the roadster off at the fairgrounds Friday and then go to my Danville Duke's friend's BBQ in my truck. Not sure about Sunday. Might swap or just do the fairground stuff.

7. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

I'll be there all weekend.

8. Hey Gary sure gonna miss you but I'll be thinkin of you guys sweatin you ass off while I sit home in my AC house with a cool one in hand. Man I hate missing that show always my fav but this old mans body is gettin too old & decrepit to handle that long drive in the 32. Any way guys have fun YOU TOO Bad Bob sniff sniff

Attached Files:

9. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

went last year but not going this year. have a great time, the swap meet is worth the trip

10. socal34

socal34

I"ll be there camarillo cruise nite 002.JPG

11. I think the better question would be "is anyone not going?" I'll be there all weekend.

12. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

I'll be there all weekend..leaving June 10 to do the long scenic way from Minnesota, winding thru CO, AZ and onto LA. Four or five roadsters will be making the trip from the midwest.

13. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Getting the roadster ready for the grueling 45 minute drive !! Be there both days .

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

GREAT! I'll be the guy taking all the photos of the chin guard on that car, Love that feature. Bob

15. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Yes, been going for at least 25 years. Sadly this year my friend Jim who has been sharing the experience with me all these years is no longer able to go because of health problems. Live life while you can.

16. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

clem, 296ardun and Dean Lowe like this.
  17. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Dale!----I'm flying down to help with the show, where needed,---Maybe I'll run into you!---Don

18. I'll be there, is there a HAMB meet & greet planned ?

19. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

I'll be in line on Thursday , buying and selling early.

20. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

buy your tee shirt early, they ran out last year

21. We arrive on Thursday, I want to meet as many Hambers as possible.:D So where would the best place be to have a Hamb meet and greet. Never been before so its all new to me.:eek:

22. I'll be there selling, made reservations today

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

When can a BUYER get in? Is Friday for vendor setup/buying only? Bob

24. Leaving New Zealand tomorrow. Doing Pomona Swap then heading North to Turners, Big M & any other old yards we can find before heading back South to Long Beach Swap then LARS - my favourite swap meet.
    Looking forward to some warm weather!

25. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Guys
    All the info you need is at the L.A. Roadsters 2015 web site. Just google it. Wish I knew how to attach it.
    Graham
    I should get there Thursday too. PM me your cell # maybe we can have a drink together that evening where you are staying.
    Anywhere my roadster is parked can be an unofficial HAMB meeting spot. It kinda jumps out at you. I plan to drive it onto the Fairgrounds Friday morning. Don't think I'll hang around it then though. Saturday the roadster and I will be in the swap area selling some of my junk.
    Gary

26. Flying out from the UK next week for our first LARS. Any tips on where to hang out on the Fri or Sat night?
    When doe the Walden's open house happen?
    Martin

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

OLD CROW Speed Shop in Burbank is a must see, so is Hollywood Hot Rods a few doors down. If you like Classic & Antique Cars the Neathercutt collection has 200 cars on display and admission is FREE. Last year was our first and we good hooked. Bob

28. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is all the info you need:
    Bring up LA Roadsters, hot rods of So.Cal----Then select "Show news"----Don

29. Gary, we're staying at the Sheraton at the Fairplex so we are in walking distance of the show and swop, I'll have a new phone so will pm my number next week.

30. deucemac

deucemac

The roadster goes in to have the upholstery finished up tomorrow. I have many mugs from my old car and now I will have one for this car. When my wife and I were married 27 years ago, she asked me what I wanted for Father's Day. I replied, "I want to go to the LA Roadsters meet" She said, "There must be something you REALLY want for Father's Day!" And I once again replied "I want to go to the LA Roadsters meet!". I have been going forever and there isn't anything else I want. Bless her heart, she has never asked what I wanted again and knows that each year, Father's Day MEANS the LA Roadsters! The only sad thing is that this year I won't be able to see if I can "outstory" Jack Stewart. I talk to Bob Barnes and we both feel a Big hole in our hearts without Jack. They call Tommy Lasorda "Tommy Dodger". Well Jack was and "IS LA Roadster Jack" to lots of us! I will be there for the weekend as usual.