Register now to get rid of these ads!

It's been one of those weeks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gumpa, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Gumpa

Gumpa

In the last seven days 4 people that were going to be here to help the guys from Langley do the chop on the 1955 Buick Special at the Show and Shine have had to back out for various reasons. So I am down to just the guys that Shaun can round up from BC to come down. The last 7 weeks have been pure Hell anyway setting this entire show up. It should have been started monthes ago instead of dropping it in my lap just when the cut off dates for advertising, Sponsor limits, and everything else ended. I know I am just Ranting to get it out of my head because there isn't enough room in there anymore. I am almost wishing I could quit too. We are now expecting from 250 to 300 Cars and probably close to 2500 people attending the show. And things are starting to fall apart at the seams. I think I am the weekest link at this point. My pardners don't seem to have the time to do anything with their own businesses to run. I have already got sponsorships for next year so it seems that when I went to set up one show I became hooked and I just don't know if I want to do this full time. Well thanks for listening guys. Gumpa

2. Custom54

Custom54

Hey Gumpa, when you say Shaun you mean Shiny right? Where exactly is the show, like how many hours drive from the US/Canadian border?
    I e-mailed some of my buddies and fellow Hambers (ratstu, gearheadforever, torchmen 49, Gkafer, loryder and Kanuck53) to see if they are into it, sounds like a great show. I think some of them would even be into helping with the chop. Anyways, don't want to promise anything but I will talk to them and see what's up. Are you going to be at Hotrodarama?
    Cheers Mike .... :D

3. Gumpa

Gumpa

Hi Mike;
    Shaun and the guys from Rat rod Kustoms in Langley are bringing the car and doing the biggest share of the work. It would be awesome if you and some of the guys can come down. We can't offer much but we will feed you and keep you from being thirsty. Bring your bed rolls and crash here on the property. You get free entry into the car show and dash plaques with chances at the trophies. I will have to do a map quest and get it back to you asap. Gumpa

4. Gumpa

Gumpa

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Gumpa

Gumpa

By the way I will be at Hotrodarama but it will be as a spectator as the Dodge hasn't had any strokin in quite a while so she still isn't ready. Gumpa

6. Custom54

Custom54

We will be at Hotrodarama, look for these rides and come over and say hi.

Ratstu (Laurie)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Torchmen49 (Dave)
    [​IMG]

Gkafer (Geoff)
    [​IMG]

Gearheadforever (Bob)
    [​IMG]

Custom54 (Me) You will have to wait till next year, not finished yet.
    [​IMG]

7. Sounds like anotheer posible road trip,have to check the scedule first and talk to the group.

8. I aint from Langley and don't have a shop with a rodent name:D

Good luck on the show Gumpa......Shiny

9. Gumpa

Gumpa

I was caught off gaurd with the "Shiny" nick name myself because Shaun hadn't ever mentioned it. I didn't realize your name was Shaun also. I know all the logic behind the Rodent thing but his Shop has had that name for a real long time and it sure doesn't represent what they build. I never asked about the name of the shop because I am just real glad they want to come down and do the chop here at the show. I really love the 54 Chrysler he just picked up but I have a passion for Mopars anyway. Gumpa