Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods It's Alive!!!! The Coupe is on the Road!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AKGrouch, Jun 14, 2015.

1. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

coupe JBER.jpg Coupe JBER engine.jpg Well, we burped the engine on Wednesday eve and ran the cam in. Then took it for a good test drive Thursday eve. Brought the car home from the shop on Friday and played with it looking for gremlins, bugs, and things that could cause grief......no probs. Accumulated about 25 miles on it. Saturday, not a cloud in the sky so we went to it's first show and shine and verified that it will certainly light up those 1500's on the rear....:). On the way to the show and shine, it broke a radiator support rod. I also determined that the single chamber master cylinder is working fine with the disks on the front and shoes on the rear, found a vibration in the front end at about 50 and learned that the 700r tranny converter isn't locking up for a 4th gear [haven't put the tach in yet]. In other words it was a very eventful day. Today my wife and I went to breakfast [her driving the t bucket and me in the coupe] where I learned that one of the lines to the tranny cooler is leaking on the exhaust. None of these things are bad, just details to work on and with as the bugs pop up. All in all it was a very eventful and fun weekend. IT"S ON HE ROAD!!!! FINALLY!!!! In a few weeks we will put the Offy intake and 3 dueces on it along with the Offy valve covers.. Ah Yes.....Life is Good!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    volvobrynk and plumbid like this.
  2. Congratulations,that maiden voyage is always laced with giddy school girl excitement and paranoia,just sounds like a few bugs to work out. HRP

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    volvobrynk likes this.
  3. Nice coupe.good that the bugs are easy fixes.

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great job! Congrats on the first drive!

5. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Looking good, and on a model A frame too...

6. Congrats! Enjoy it.

7. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Good for you. Nice looking ride. It's always so exciting getting a new project out for those first runs.

8. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Its always good to finally enjoy the fruits of your labor.

9. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

Well, it's been an interesting month. Found out the panhard bar mount wasn't strong enough and had to be reinforced and rewelded. The 700R tranny wasn't shifting right and on occasion would just slide from 1st to 3rd or hit 1st through 3rd and then not go into 4th as it chose to or not.. As a result of an internal check, it was determined that it was on the verge of toast and had to be rebuilt. I know, it's only $$$ but geeez. Now we have the fresh tranny in, the deuces mounted and trying to plumb and get the bugs out of them as they sat for a number of years. Regardless the change from the appearance from a 4 barrel to deuces is dramatic. But the engine is starting to look fantastic. Also got the roll pan from Metaltwister mounted. He sure does nice work.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  10. Need a new photo of the deuces. HRP

11. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

How's this?

Attached Files: