Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects It's alive!!! A 1957 Fargo Tale....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Fargo, Jul 7, 2017.

1. This one didn’t have one originally but I’m digging the look so far. Now on the hunt for taillights

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  2. May have scored the stainless cross for the lower grill opening today...more to come

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  3. F5C89F53-F69F-4A4E-86E6-56FB55CB5473.jpeg A few minor things done the last couple days, polished stainless bolts for the mirrors, I use my small belt sander to put a slight dome in the heads then polish. IMG_2359.JPG
    IMG_2360.JPG

Then put the piece under the drivers door on, with stainless button head bolts, more polishing to make them shiny. Small details.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  4. I’ve never been able to find a good grill bar, or even one that there was enough left of to fix, so last week out of desperation I put an ad on Kijiji looking for one. Exactly one person responded and I now have an extremely nice one. The fellow is from Ontario, he packaged it up and shipped it damn near across the country for me.

[​IMG]

Showed up at my wife’s work...
    [​IMG]

The content, he told me it had a couple dents, I was hard pressed to find any...
    Couldn’t be happier with the parts and the seller.
    [​IMG]
    The starting point, these pot metal pieces are always broken, not this one
    [​IMG]
    First stage of polishing
    [​IMG]
    Getting close to finished, that’s where I stopped taking pictures apparently...
    Polished the other piece, it’s just stainless, here’s the finished product on the truck
    [​IMG]

Waiting for the chrome mirror heads to come in then it’s pretty much done on the front half of things.

5. He also sent me a much nicer V for the hood than the one I started to fix, it needs a lot more love, I haven’t gotten to polishing it yet...

loudbang likes this.
  6. atch

atch

I'm likin' your color combination. Don't know that I've ever seen it before but it sure looks good on your Fargo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

loudbang and 57 Fargo like this.