Register now to get rid of these ads!

Its about F-in time...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nick Flores, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

13 months.... That's aparently how long it takes to find a job these days. I woke up today infuriated about a lack of funds for not just my project, but for the little things like dog food and a new pair of boots. Well... after making a few hundred phone calls and sending out what seemed like a few thousand resumes in the last year, I'm finally back in the game.
    I've spent a lot of time here on the HAMB in the last year and just want to say that I've been absolutely motiviated by you guys to keep working on my heap even though I didn't really have even an extra $4 bucks to throw at it. Build thread coming soon.
    Thanks guys, and no offense, but I really look forward to seeing and hearing from you guys quite a but less...:D

2. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Congratulations on your new gig.

Doc.

3. Billet

Billet

Nick- Good luck at the new job!

4. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

congrats on the new gig. 13 months is along time. i would have had to move in with my mother n law if that happen to me.

5. slobroy

slobroy

Hey, good for you. I hope it's enough to support your "habbit".

6. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

The old rule of thumb used to be: Expect to be unemployed 1 month for every 10k of annual income. Now it's 3-5 months and don't expect the same salary that you were getting.

7. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

OMG...you were eating dog food...? Thats terrible.

Cat food tastes way better and has less fat!!!! LoL

Congrats on the job. ;):D
    13 months is a hell of a long time.

8. big bad john

big bad john

......Nick.....Congrats on your new job.......hope you be running on all 8 cylinders soon.........Big Bad John

9. Congrats on the new gig. We need you back in the game ( help take some of the tax burden off the rest of us ha-ha ). Glad to see you plan to re-distribute some of your new found earninigs.

10. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

congrats and good luck on the new job, the U.S seems to be pretty hard hit by the financial crisis,here in aus we seem to have dodged a bullit.
    cheers,thommo.

11. randy w

randy w
    from tx

Congrats and good luck!

12. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Happy for you---it ain't easy being out of work. Your head will get right soon. Been there, done that.

13. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Woo Hoo! MAN-that's gotta feel better!
    Way to go!

14. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good for you Nick ! But who is going to find the stolen cars now that you won't be around during the day time ?

15. Joe-Racer

Joe-Racer

Congrats on the job!

16. Great news - good luck!

17. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

So....did you get the horse holder or sheet changer position?

Grats on getting back to work.

18. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

good luck & take care of that job. I bet the dog is happy too.
    keep us posted.

19. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

having a job is certainly one of the most important aspects of self-confidence and self-worth. Hard to walk around with your 'hat in your hand' so to speak. This economy has been tough on many and devestating on some. Congratulations on rejoining the ranks of the gainfully employed. Recovery (financially) will take a long time - it's hard to make up that 13 months of income loss. Best of luck to you.

dj

20. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good luck, enjoy.

21. Glad to here your luck has changed!

22. Great to hear some positive job news,Nick.
    Now go celebrate with a steak dinner for you and the dog!

23. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Congrats on the new job...

Take a bit more advice from an old HAMBer (me) and find (or learn -go back to school if you must) a back-up job/skill...that way, when one job ends, you can slide right into your other skill and not miss a paychek.

Depending on someone else, or some company for your paychek will get you in trouble more than once if the economy takes another nose dive (and I've seen quite a few of them in my lifetime)...with another skill set, you'll just keep on keepin' on...

R-

24. Yet another victim of "change". Best of everything to you for a while!

25. Weasel

Weasel

KARMA!!!!

After you did your Sherlock Holmes impersonation and tracked down that stolen '37 Panel, karma came back at you. Good luck in your new job - you deserve it.

26. TMunster

TMunster
    from Las Vegas

congrats on the new job! will keep an eye out for your build thread

27. Atta boy Nick,

So which DMV office will you be working at.... :DLOL

Good luck man, still looking myself here in Calif... and now we got J.Brown back in the governor's seat - may have to pack up and head over to AZ

28. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Yup... 13 monthes for me too. I was lucky enough to get the same job, same pay, at for a better company. Sure got a lot done on my Hot Rods though... gonna' miss that

29. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Actually, I'll be back on the streets of Phoenix driving a wrecker again, Lots more to see from up there above the traffic! Plus, my doggie came home from rescue in a tow truck and has probably missed it as much as I have.

Great advice for anyone StudeDude, I've been pretending i'm back in school for most of the last year, making side money as a sound engineeer, DJ, bartender, and bouncer. It deosn't pay much but has kept me off the taxpayers dime.

No such luck on an "insider" at the DMV fellas. I couldn't imagine being there for 8 hours a day.

Thanks again guys for the well wishes and support. I just thought a little postive news for the guys still looking would be nice, keep your head up boys, and don't get discouraged!

And to run OT a bit, my lady just walked in the door and handed me two letters from AZ Dept of Revenue... One was a letter explaining how I "overpaid" my taxes in '09.. the other was a check just for just shy of $300! This is my week!!!

30. Good luck with the new job!!! I'd be screwed after a few months!