Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects It's a long shot, but anybody seen my old truck lately?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodToomer, Oct 18, 2018.

1. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

Back when I was still in highschool I dipped my feet in the classic vehicle ownership with this 1949 Ford F-1.
    tapatalk_1405644472261.jpeg
    It was a complete death trap.

When I got it. Big Block Chevrolet, TH400, motorcycle shocks & 1" front suspension travel before bottoming out, stock everything except for wires and that was ripped and stuffed from a '90s Dakota. Cracked and bars-leaked radiator & no brake lights.
    I did what time, money and skill allowed. Got brake lights on it, bumper, tuned up the engine, proper shocks and secured battery.
    I drove it everywhere, I loved that truck. It was a sketchy beast but money was better.
    I sold it to a guy who barely changed anything, then I saw it later on Kalamazoo Craigslist and it got a scuffed patina paint job and "Garage Rat" was painted on the doors.

Im not looking to get it back. I just want to know if it ever became more then I could make it.

Attached Files:

exterminator likes this.
  2. catdad49

catdad49

Are you Sure you don't want it back?! Everyone Needs a Cool shop hauler.

3. ...looks like one of my old trucks...
    my cars 008.jpg

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  4. Don't look to hard. You may find it went further down the Drain. Then how will you feel? I know how I feel after finding and buying back one of my Old favorites.
    The Wizzard

5. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

I mean if I could afford to get it back I would! But realistically it's going to probably be out of my reach.
    If it got cut up and turned into something crazy, I'd be okay with it. You can't expect anything to stay perfect forever.

And being it was far from perfect to begin with...o_O