Register now to get rid of these ads!

It's 4:30am.... Let's go to Fargo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sinclair, Aug 6, 2009.

1. sinclair

sinclair

I don't really post here other than the FAS. I thought I would share my trip to Fargo with you guys.

August 1st, Hot Rod Drags in Sabin, MN.

The alarm goes off at 3:15 am. 3:15.... why do I do this to myself. Well, see, there's a drag race about to happen just south of Fargo and we are 4 hours south of that. Driven Customs of Fargo is putting on the Hot Rod Drags at Interstate Dragways today. These guys, along with the Suedes Car Club are our friends and we're going to show support and drop off some art to be used as an award for the show. Not easy to drag my ass out of bed... but manage. We gather our things for the day and head out to the car.

We make our early morning trek to the '70 Chevelle. It rained last night, but it looks like it might be a nice day for a drive behind a big block 396 today. Car loaded we set off. The gas gauge does not work, so we top off the tank every 100 miles just to be sure. one, two, three and into fourth we get on the freeway and drive north (that rhymed, just ignore it). The hum of a big block and the crisp cool air heading into the dawn are something I could do every day.

We arrive at the show and find Brian. I let him know we're here with the art (I don't tell him it's not done). So... I head over to the Chevelle and finish up the art. Craig sets off to shoot some video. The day for the racers starts with some tech inspections. When the track is ready, they run.

The mood here is not a serious one. This is basically a "fun run". Bring your hot rod and see what it will do. The fastest car probably went mid 10's and the slowest high 20's (but it was loaded with about 6 people). They ran all morning and into the afternoon. There was a burnout contest with the winner walking away with a new set of tires. Which was great cuz he blew his out. All in all a great day. We topped off the Chevelle and headed home. Somewhere just north of Minneapolis I went goofy from lack of sleep. Somehow I ended up being "Mick" from Rocky, only the sport was ping pong. Anyway, we made it back in time for drinks and some darts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Thanks for shareing, I didn't make it this year.

3. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

That totally went under my radar this year- thanks for the reports- sounds like a good time. I may have to check that out next year.

I had no idea you were a writer also, Nick.
    Nice photos, did you take them?

Jay

4. sinclair

sinclair

I don't know if I'm a writer.... I did take the pics... I don't think I'm a photographer either.

5. That day sounded better than any of mine in the past 3 months.

6. SteadyT

SteadyT

Thanks for the story and pics. I checked your art out and I greatly appreciate the amount of Mopar represented. FUCK YES.

7. AntiBling

AntiBling

It was nice meeting you guys, glad you made it out. You got some cool photos there. I got some more pictures too if anyone wants to check them out click the picture:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  8. sinclair

sinclair

Great picture!

9. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

Those are some really nice photos, are you sure your not a pro?
    Looks like you had a great time.