Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Italian hotrodders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marodder62, Jun 7, 2014.

1. marodder62

marodder62

I'll be in Italy next week for business, visiting Florence next weekend. Is there any type of traditional hot rod scene in the area? Love to check out whatever there is.
    Jerry

2. redo32

redo32

My wife went to college in Florence for a year and 25 years later she took me for a class reunion. We spent a week there and a couple of more weeks in Rome, Venice and traveled to Paris before flying home. I too was interested in automotive activities. I didn't find much. There is a Fort above the city that is a Museum and has a couple of original Ferrari wooden body bucks,but of course it was closed that week. There are not any modified cars on the street and the whole time I only seen one restored Fiat 500. Florence is one of the great Art cities of the world, take a weekend off from the hot rod and immerse yourself in the culture and aura of all the history. Standing in front of the Statue of David will stir emotion that for me was only exceeded by watching the sun rise on the Bonneville Salt Flats.

3. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

There is a hot rod scene in Italy.There are Rumblers chapters in Milan and in Rome and other car clubs too.
    http://rumblers-italy.blogspot.fi

Romano from Milan's chapter is a friend of mine.If you see him there,say hi from Antti

4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Couple of years ago I built a chassis for a customer from Italy building a Jimmy Shine style 34 PU. He E-Mails me every so often with questions so I assume it's moving along?

5. adventurer

adventurer

well, there are few rodders in Italy...all in the distance of 50 or so miles. Send me a mail and will be happy to show them.
    [email protected]
    I live in Milano, northern Italy

6. pitman

pitman

Cross the Arno river on the bridge, avoid the shops-that sell tourismo jewelry, and
    take a walk through the Medici Pitti-palace. The tiles furnishings and ceiling art are beyond belief. And the Sculpture Academy, look for the "Captives," it's near enough to walk to, (after you've seen the Uffizi museum's collection of works.)

7. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

The Fiat museum in Torino is definitely worth taking in..

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. LOL- Just going by the thread title,we're in the US also!