Register now to get rid of these ads!

it started as a simple repair..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob Dobolina, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Bob Dobolina

Bob Dobolina

Fix the broken alternator bracket on the 46, remove the alt, pull & weld up the bracket, 45 min tops. This has now morphed into......
    while i'm in the area, might as well see how the taurus fan will fit,( lots of cutting),and now i HAVE to do the 3g upgrade on the alternator. While i'm at it, might as well change the water outlet, so i can operate the fan with a thermostat, oops, gotta get a new hose, 'cause the angle of the water neck has now changed. Gotta get a new belt, because i had to move the a/c compressor up, to clear said water neck.......

does anyone else fall into the "while i'm doing this" trap, or am i just an idiot :confused:

2. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Nope, your not the only one, Me and my pop call it the snowball principle....

For example, I went to put the custom dash in my truck that I designed and fabbed...along with that some new guages, figured while I was doing that I may as well rewire the truck to have everything work, the fuelguage sender unit needed to be replaced for the new guages but I didnt want to use the tank in the cab, so I bought a new tank and installed that. the fuel tank looked so good, I redid the entire inside of the bed, then I figured if I just put a new fuel tank in I may as well put all new stainless lines in. Got the lines to the front and realized that I would have to redo them to fit the tri-power set up that I had been working on, so tore the top of the motor off to put the tripower on...set the tripower on and it looked so good my engine looked like chit so tore the whole motor dorn to the block and re-painted that. Then redid the ignition system to match the tri-power. All because of a one weekend project.