Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest It is in great sadness BOB Klessig

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff J, Jun 24, 2018.

1. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Hell of a guy. Rest in Peace. Thanks, Bob, for showing us how this is supposed to be done. I hope I can live up to your example.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  2. Jeff J

Jeff J

Services for Bob are at Bradley Funeral home in ANTIGO,Wi. Thursday visitation is 4 to 7 The Elks lodge sorrow service Thursday at 7:00pm. Friday service from 1 to 2 pm at the funeral home. Thank you all from myself and the Klessig family !

3. phat rat

phat rat

From left to right Bob, Charlie Chops, Slocro and Purple Pickup

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Jeff J

Jeff J

Thanks Ryan for the banner for Bob he would of loved it as I’m sure he is looking over us !

5. Scott

Scott

Godspeed Bob, you are one of the good ones

Stogy likes this.

6. I was at a car show and a boy looked up to his father and said... When I grow up I want to be BobK!!! And the father looked at his son and said... son... You can't do both.. !

See y'all Friday God willing...

chryslerfan55, drdave, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  7. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

I never met him, but I enjoyed his posts.

RIP.

-Woog

8. Jeff J

Jeff J

Washing Bob’s cars today at his house for visitation tonight at the funeral home

chryslerfan55, drdave, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  9. Petejoe

Petejoe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Zoar, Ohio

I bet that’s a tough one. Wouldn’t need to fill the bucket with water. I’m afraid there would be enough tears to handle that.

10. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Seeing this picture reminds me of the time he posted a picture of a similar shot from behind with his hairy body in frame. Someone asked him why he was wearing a sweater... (may have been FlatheadPete who asked?)

Bob laughed along with us. :) Damn I'm gonna miss him...

11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

^^ Haha! Yeah, that was me.

Stogy likes this.
  12. RIP Bob Klessig . I first talked with Bob on the HAMB for awhile. When he was looking for places of interest to see on his and Maggie's road trip on HWY 2. I told him to stop by. He and Maggie did. We talked like old friends even tho we just officially met. We talked cars of course, and he said I had some neat chit. Coming from him that was a great compliment. We met up again at Back to the Fifties , and talked on the phone about his old gas station as I was building one too. His was quite the guy. Bob will be missed. Condolences and prayers for Bob and Maggie. Sincerely Steve and Barb on HWY 2

chryslerfan55, Thor1 and Stogy like this.
  13. I met Bob for the first time at Kurt McCormick's house in St Louis years ago. We were both there to admire all the Barris cars. Then Bob popped up at my shop in Austin on the LSRU garage crawl one year. I'd run into him at various shops in LA and even saw him at the Race of Gentlemen one year. He always had a big hello, huge smile and hug when we saw each other. He was the hot rodders hot rodder. I'll miss seeing him on the road.

14. Lil32

Lil32

Prayers to Family
    R.I.P. Bob K

Stogy likes this.
  15. RCTimB

RCTimB

RIP Bob. Like many many others, I am honored to have known you.

Stogy likes this.
  16. spudz

spudz

Rip Bob....

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  17. I met Bob via Clark Bates who is an East Coast Brother at Autorama Detroit and broke bread with Bob a few times via Clark, Billy Towers, Junior et al. Immediately I recognized Bob's wit, sharp sense of humor and you couldn't help but love the charming Garden Gnome! Bob was beloved by thousands of people in the car hobby and we all should endeavor to live a life so full and welcoming of others. This image is from the 2017 Millers at Milwaukee event while he was having his coupe pinstriped by a talented Creative from Harley-Davidson Design-his name escapes me. I was so happy to see him, chat with him and knowing he had been battling health issues, I asked if we could take a few pictures together-I'm glad I did. You will be missed and never forgotten Bob. Bob K 2.jpg