Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Isky's 99th Birthday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Jul 15, 2020.

1. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

We had a TACO party for Isky on Sat. There was cake!!
    A story told by Ed was that the first cam He ever ground was a mistake, it was soooo noisy, you could here it coming from a block away. So after, he was getting orders from NASCAR drivers wanting a Calif. Cam (thats where all the fast stuff comes out of) Same cam design and it made the power where it needed to be, He asked about the noise, they said "they said that they didnt care about the noise"
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  2. quick85

quick85

A belated Happy Birthday wish to Ed. This was at the Meltdown in 2015.
    On our way to the track we stopped at McDonald's. There was Ed, Bones,
    Ohio George and friends. I was freaking, my wife thought I was nuts, but
    I didn't dare bother them during down time. Fortunately, I got the chance
    to get this pic later at the track. Ed was (is) quite the gracious person. I wish
    I was photogenic, he insisted that I pose with him.

B 15 033 - Copy.JPG

3. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I shot this photo of him at the Hot Rod Magazine/In-N-Out Burger 70th Anniversary party & drag race at Pomona, he's autographing his book for me. IMG_4120.jpg

4. What a legend! Would love to meet him! Happy Birthday Ed!

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  5. ...was hoping to see him again at the Glory Days meet in Byron, Illinois this weekend but heard he probly won't make it this year,...hopefully next year, haven't met any guys that are 100 yet...Amazing guy.

Speed Gems likes this.
  6. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

If all this stuff happening in the world today was over, Im sure he would be there as he looks forward to going

7. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Met Ed at our 2019 LAR show while his driver was giving him a grand tour of the LAR show. Too bad we had to cancel this years event, BUT we'll be back in 2021 strong as ever!----Maybe Ed can make it again.---Don