Register now to get rid of these ads!

Isky T-bucket pic's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smooth50, Feb 7, 2008.

1. smooth50

smooth50
    from MASS

I have always loved Isky's '24 T-bucket with turtle deck. Anyone have any close-ups other than those commonly found on the Web.

I really like how the rear of the bucket is cut down 3 inches to give it more of a 26-27 look.

Thanks

2. eric

eric

i took these about a month ago at the NHRA Museum...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. smooth50

smooth50
    from MASS

Those are great pics, thank you very much!

4. :confused::confused: Allright who's got the answer 2 pedals and a manual trans?:confused::confused:

Car is cool as hell, still looks great.

6. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Back in the early 70's, I was a commercial artist working in Culver City. I use to work on ads for Isky cams. The "T" was stored in a warehouse at his company. There was junk piled all over it. Isky, himself, drove an old Caddy convertible. On trash day, he would drive around and pick up junk. The only place to sit, in the Caddy, was the drivers seat because junk was ever where else.

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'd say the gas pedal fell off... or maybe he didn't need one and just had the carbs wide open all the time. all on the gas or all on the brakes all the time..

8. Looking at the way that column is set up - rake, length of the shaft - and taking the size of the car into consideration, I'm thinking ol' Ed's a little guy.

At 6'7", if i sat in there, my legs would be OVER the wheel!
    :D

9. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Isky's roadster is one of the best. It helped create the standard that real Hot Rods are judged by. I remember this car from little mags when I was a kid and that was a while ago. I have seen it several times and want more. It's a hunk of history! Is the gas pedal hidden between the shifter and the brake? Another interior shot may tell.

10. MBL

MBL

That is just an awesome car.
    Tim
    MBL

11. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I love that car. It defines hot rod for me pretty well. It is so simple. Everytime I see it I take pictures of it. Mine are pretty much the same as those posted above. If I find something different I'll post it.

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yeah, mine are pretty much the same as well but I thought I'd thow them up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. gas pumper

gas pumper

The carpet is upsidedown? the red fuzzy surface faces the floor, it looks like.

Maybe the gas pedal is just under the carpet?

Eric,I'm glad you posted these pics. After getting teased yesterday reading the epic adventure of Denise and Megan and having only one pic there, this is great. THANK YOU.

Frank

14. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

That Video That Pat Ganahl made is the best deal if you are looking for details,it even has Isky Starting it up in the shed and giving it a rev with various tid Bit's of info about how it was built and his early cam grinding exploits.

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I like teasing boys......:D

Seriously, if there is ever a time when you see one photo of a car I took in one of my adventure threads and you'd like to see another shot of it just ask cuz normally I take at least two if not three of the same car just from different angles. For obvious reasons I don't post ALL the photos I take.;):D

16. beatnik

beatnik

Here's a few more outside of the museum

Attached Files:

17. Professor Fate

Professor Fate
    from the bay

useless side note: the car has essex frame rails, not ford.

18. excellent pics man..

19. ig'nant

ig'nant

The exhaust has always made that car for me.

20. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Isky's T is easily by far my favorite HotRod of all time. The car has a cool but distinct look, ran like a banshee and has remained truly original for 60yrs or so.
    If I recall correctly (haven't seen the car in 10+yrs) the accelerator is not a 'pedal' but a piece sorta similar to an early Ford 'spoon' pedal, just a piece of steel that comes down the inside of the firewall (connected through the firewall to the rest of the linkage/pivot point) which has a flattened slightly rounded end you step/press on.
    Fairly common setup/style for true early builds. Infact my pops roadster runs a Ford spoon style pedal.
    What more do you really need? I drove my 55 Special round for two seasons with no pedal, just the linkage rod sticking through the firewall. worked just fine but looked silly.

21. Ted H

Ted H

I always enjoy seeing pics of Isky's car and always seem to pick up some new detail.

Of particular interest to me from Eric's pics above is the fact that Isky's car is shown next to Rosie Roselle's track T. Two similar cars but built for entirely different purposes.

Don't want to hijack this thread but you can get the full story of rosie's track T over on Mart's Hotrods page.

Ted

22. 36C8

36C8

The grille was made with the top portions of two 34 Pontiac grilles welded together...

23. there's an article in streetrodder mag april 08 on the newstands now about it

bob

24. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

That is a sweet car, love the exhaust.

25. nailhead55

nailhead55

hay smooth50 are you building one of those now,minga!!

26. A Boner

A Boner

Yes........many pic's ......a keeper magazine! :)

Better go get one (April 2008). On the newstands now!

27. unclechop

unclechop

How can one man get it so so right and so many get it just plain wrong.

28. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

The police can't pull you over for your headlights to close to the ground! The car is very cool indeed. That gas pedal still has me scratching my head, the big one on top that is.