Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Isky at the Lakes,.... A video.. History before our eyes...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Harms Way

Harms Way

Ummm,... Pretty sure you missed my point completely.

2. deuceman32

deuceman32

One of the magazines went to visit Ed, I'm going to say early 1970's. Hot Rod? R&C? At that point in time, the car was sitting in the corner under a thick layer of dust and literally boxed in, not run in years. They kind of talk him into it, dig it out, scrounge a battery, pull the plugs and spin it over. Blowing coolant. An impromptu head gasket replacement ensues and the roadster eventually gets outside and sparked up. With a giant grin, the Camfather raps the throttle and starts laying rubber across the lot.......

3. jeta12

jeta12

Great video,Thanks for posting.

4. Tank

Tank

Video is Awesome! Thank-You! Always wondered what that car sounded like! Ed is awesome.

5. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Great video. I also was able to meet Ed in Indy a few years ago. It was a Happy Motoring high point for me.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. striper

striper

Possibly. Tell me again :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

Isky parts are some the best made period, the old isky 505t solid lifter grind was one of my favoirites all time , cigar chomping Ed Isky what a innovator !great video !

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

After waxing nostalgic in the days sense "fab32" "Took the checkered flag at the pearly gates",... I've been going back over a few old threads,.... And this one, I feel should be shared again,...... Enjoy !

kidcampbell71 and y'sguy like this.
  9. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D What a great post.Thank you.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

10. 2935ford

2935ford

Great video and good to see Ed and his car back there where he started.........
    I have seen his car many times at the NHRA Museum.....every time I look at it I see something new.
    It's just such an iconic unrestored Hot Rod from back in the day.

I have had more than one of his cams in my cars through the years. The latest is in my 59A motor of my '29 Roadster avatar.

11. Thanks for sharing this.

12. Sorry to bring back an old dead post (for the second time), but I just heard an interesting first hand tid bit about this video. I just did an estimate to build some furniture for a guy here in Boston who works for Sema, and was there for the shooting of this video. He said that when they fired the car up for the first time that day on the lakes, a float or needle in the carbs got jammed and gas was pouring out of the carbs all over the intake and everywhere. The crew were freaking. Ed calmly grabbed a big wrench and started "smashing" the the sides of the carbs, they stopped leaking and the day moved on. Now that's old school. I like it, that guy's amazing. He could have underwear older than some of you really old farts.

If you haven't seen the video, or haven't seen it in awhile it's worth a second look.

there's a Vimeo link in post #1, or if you prefer Youtube:

13. Its worth bringing it back up as many will have missed it. Thanks !!:cool: JW

14. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've had the opportunity to eat lunch and a a few dinners with Ed at the Bonneville 200 mph club and I can only say he leaves us all speechless. He is one of a kind.