Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is your car ready for cow oil?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TooMany2count, Jul 21, 2009.

1. great so now the price of beef/milk is going to go up because it's more profitable for fuel. the way this country uses gas and oil there will be no cow or corn products the working man can afford. you'll be able to tell your grand kids what a steak and corn on the cob dinner was really like........and soy milk for all on their cereal :).

2. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Yep, it's a crime to put food prices in competition with petroleum/coal/natural gas, when known reserves are estimated to be in excess of thousands of years. After/if ever depleted, then there will be time enough for alternatives.

3. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Fuck! I gotta get some new bumper stickers if the options Ass, Gas, or Grass are no longer valid choices.

4. BJR

BJR

I'm not Cowering anymore... Haven't we had about enough of this Tripe, this subject is Udderly Lactating in facts. Time to Hove it out of here. It's way to Oily in the morning. Back to the Mootell.

5. I used to run my motorcycles on Castor bean oil, I guess cow oil might work.

6. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

It comes from the same place as all oil, it's just processed differently "conventional oil" is crude cracked by heat and "synthetic" is cracked by chemical procedures. The reason the synthetic has superior lube capabilities is because the first time it see's heat is in the crankcase. "Synthetic" was just a name given to the procedure (cracking method) to identify it from good old "conventional".

7. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

The "synthetic" cracked from mineral oil (crude) is allowed to be sold as synthetic due to it's functional viscosity holding similarities to organic synthetic from being refined at a higher degree and having more uniform molecules throughout the mix but still is not chemically synthetic..
    Non synthetic is mined from the earth then cracked with heat/cooling and chemical catalysts but starts out as a mix of different molecules which are separated by different physical and chemical properties.
    Mineral oil is hot when it comes out of the earth.
    Synthetic oil is produced from organic matter like plant oils and algea. It's base stock is grown and the physical properties are from synthesis. from the created molecular chains being mostly the same throughout the mixture. this is why the viscosity remains the same as it is heated.
    Synthetics superior lube qualities comes from the uniformity of the molecules throughout the fluid and from organic oils having a higher lubricity. Bio diesel is slipperier than mineral diesel.
    mineral oil=mined and the complex molecules are sorted and modified
    synthetic oil= created from organic esters, the molecules are grown by polymerization

8. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Don't forget to adjust the cowburrettor.
    If they used cows with B.S.E. ,could your rod get Mad Car Dissease?
    I'm serious,there's a lot at steak here.

9. Isn't that how they make suede? ;-)