Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is your car ready for cow oil?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TooMany2count, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Ole don

Ole don

Yup, the old Ford no longer backfires, now it says MOOOOOOOO!!

2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

snt there enough orcabettys at shows already?

3. Hell I still do that ! great for killing blackberrys. I am not sure I am up to cow dung in my 5000 $ motor.

4. Plowboy

Plowboy

I will only run 100% pure Angus beef oil in my car.

5. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

[​IMG]

It's USA designed and made, has the SAE and API SM rating so it has to meet some tough standards. I wonder if it is cracked with heat like a conventional or processed (chemically cracked) like a synthetic? Might be a hot new product to try? It's kind of a back to the future deal it's only been about 150 years ago (maybe more?) that the world was powered and lubed with animal fat, so save the whales and now the cows my ass! Too bad we are using cow feed (grain) to make ethanol for E85! It's kinda mis-leading saying it can be dumped on the ground with no worries, that is only true if it hasn't been used in an engine, once it's used it too becomes a waste that has to be disposed of correctly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  6. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Powered by bovines and constructed of natural fibers, that's the car of the future. Wonder how long til honda releases a hybrid called the Conestoga. They'll probably call it an SUV, but we'll all know it's really a wagon. The road apples they leave behind will actually be cleaner than the streets in LA.:D

7. DrJ

DrJ

Just a lubricant from a different animal this time.
    This lifted from: http://www.shadetreemechanic.com/lubegard.htm

"...Years ago, sperm whale oil and its derivatives were used as additives in virtually all automotive lubricants. The products were so effective that a car's transmission fluids were generally never changed, and the transmission lasted the life of the car. Some 30 million pounds of sperm whale oil were used every year; to supply the demand, hundreds of thousands of whales were slaughtered until the species was faced with extinction.

In 1972 the Endangered Species Act outlawed the killing of whales and the use of materials derived from whales. For years the automotive industry relied on other animal based products such as tallow or lard oil. These proved to be an inadequate substitute, leading to poor overall drive train performance, premature drive train failure and transmission failure due to heat. A dedicated and highly skilled research team, in conjunction with the Department of Agriculture, developed a revolutionary new technology derived from vegetable oils. Liquid Wax Esters®, with a chemical configuration similar to sperm whale oil, have been shown to outperform sperm whale oil. ..."

8. Yeah, I dispose of my oil each time I burn my slash pile. Great firestarter.

9. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Will we have to check our engine's cholesterol count every so often? Throw a couple of tabs of Lipitor every other oil change?

10. Maybach's use only Kobe oil... available only at Moobil stations, which would be bull.

11. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

That's not sick....................What about,"Put me in your douche bag, and run me through one more time!":eek::eek::D

12. tjm73

tjm73

Non-fossil based oil in 2 strokes could be a good thing. Bring back 2 cycle street motorcycles. hmmmmm.......

13. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Yea, it's just a small block but I'm "beefing" it up.

14. vertible59

vertible59

Speaking of streets and totally O/T...isn't asphalt a petroleum by product? What's the difference between dumping waste oil on the ground and covering millions of acres with asphalt? Wonder how the Greenies would like it if the streets in front of their houses were dug up and turned back to dirt roads. Just asking if there's not some hypocrisy being championed in all this save the environment stuff.:confused:

15. tdoty

tdoty

Is that why really old gear and trans oil has that funny smell to it?

Tim D.

16. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is a petrochemical byproduct but it is contained and can not 'rum off' oil pored out is not contained and continues to spread contaminating everything it touches and eventually makes its way into water courses.

I'm not a greenie by any means but I drank enough oil and fuel tasting water in the service. Why is it that water on EVERY Navy ship tastes like that?
    Or is that what they save for us Army 'Passengers'?

Doc.

17. Why :rolleyes: ??????????????????
    She'll tell me the same thing she's been saying for years.....
    NO ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :eek:

18. InPrimer

InPrimer

Had a segment on Dirty Jobs, some guy would collect all the naturally deceased cows and eventually run them thru a grinder, one of the by product was a base to produce synthetic oil sorry can't remember more than that, but it piqued my curiosity, exactly where does "synthetic" oil come from??

19. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Some of us haven't fallen for the myth that we are DEPENDENT on Oil from other sources. Actually we purchase what's available at the best price.

20. pool

pool

I have used lard in my cutting oil in my home machine shop for years works great.

21. dudley32

dudley32

can you put it on a biscuit ?

22. vertible59

vertible59

Was not suggesting that dumping motor oil on the ground was ok. The deal about asphalt just came to mind and made me wonder. There again, I have seen oil sprayed on dirt roads to keep dust down, and to make the surface less susceptible to erosion. Also, how many thousand gallons of oil, leaked from cars and trucks, seep through the asphalt, and contaminate the environment?

23. Yep, Soylent oil, made from human by-products. How's it perform compared to other oils? Depends on the person.

24. David Chandler

David Chandler

Maybe a spoonful of the cleaner, will eliminate your high cholesterol?

25. I used to raise pigs while in Future Famers Of America and alot of the literature out there for swine raising is very old but still applies to today. I remember reading about how some breeds of swine were raised purely for production of their lard/fat. It was a common item for many home uses, at the moment they escape me. I just remembered lard when this topic came up and how every part of swine are used upon slaughter for many things. Gasoline/fuel may be a future use lol. I would think that lard would smell better for cutting things then some of the petroleum lubricants out there smell. When I worked in a machine shop a year ago some of the oils used for cutting were very toxic and smelled it also.-Weeks

26. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

What do you mean???... What else are you suppossed to do w/old oil?????

27. Let's all remember when oil production first started there was a by-product of the oil that was just dumped on the ground because at the time there was no real use for it..
    Got any idea what it was?????????

Gasoline..................

28. Chaoticcustoms

Chaoticcustoms

haha, reminds me of a southpark episode where cartman gets pissed off at this kid and turns his parents into chili and makes him eat it BAHAHAHA...wow im a sick fucker too huh..

29. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

I'd eat a dead animal but boiling down it's fat to put in my car is just creepy

30. rixrex

rixrex

How about grassoline?..they're making it...