Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Is this seller legit or is it a scam?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lebowski, Oct 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

Around hear we say clean title not CLEAR title. How about you?

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. hotrod428

hotrod428

Palm trees in Indiana?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. RMONTY

RMONTY

Everyone reading this should respond to the ad with some bogus information and offers. Make the scammer crazy trying to sort through offers. :confused::mad::eek::)

4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Textbook scam.
    Just like Klinger on MASH...........
    Jan....Mother dying
    Feb... Father dying
    March....Sister pregnant
    April...Sister dying

clem likes this.
  5. johnnybravo

johnnybravo
    from portsmouth

I had that same type of message on ebay a couple of years back I contacted ebay they looked to it & found out it was a scam my advice give Craigslist a shout to see if they can look into it rgds

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Thanks for the comments. Here's the ad in case any of you guys want to pass along your condolences to her on the loss of her beloved husband or ask her about the palm trees. The ad was in the Lexington, Ky Craigslist but the last time I checked we don't have any palm trees here either.... :rolleyes:

https://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/d/1948-buick/6320640522.html

Flathead Dave and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

You will probably receive a letter shortly informing you that you won the Nigerian Lottery for 10 million dollars and all you have to do to get the cash is send them $10,000 to cover the administration fee's before they can release the money to you.

8. That's the hook. ^
    It's like fishing you know,
    Flashy bait, good smelling price, and wham you're in the net and on the deck.

9. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

hi. The following is 100% scam. - I want to use eBay Motors services (5 days of testing prior purchase) for the safety of both of us so if you’re interested in purchasing, please provide me your full name for the bill of sale, your full address and a phone number so I can notify eBay that you're selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
    Ebay does not have any try for 5 days before purchase. also the standard ebay money back gurantee does not apply to vehicles in ebay motors and instead has the ebay vehicle protection program. That vehicle protection REQUIRES all buyers or their agent inspect the vehicle BEFORE paying and also DOES NOT cover any vehicle more than 10 model years old.
    If you send them money you are giving them the money with NO PROTECTION.

2manycars2littletime likes this.
  10. belair

belair

Smells scammy. Wording doesn't sound like a grieving widow. If there's a deal to be done, (and I doubt there is), go put eyes on it and have cash in one pocket and a pistol in the other.

11. XXL__

XXL__

No. They only ever had a minority stake. They have had zero interest for a couple of years.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanma...list-sells-minority-stake-back-to-craigslist/

To the OP, as a regular CL'er, I can say with great certainty that it is a scam. Go to your original email, and at bottom, there is a link that reads "Please flag unwanted messages (spam, scam, other)" Click it, then resulting page, click "Scam," then move on.

12. sounds like a scam to me but you might wanna go check it out anyway...

Sent from my SM-J700T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. Exactly. You may wake up in a bath tub full of ice minus a liver.

Read this guy's story in his CL post. Almost the same. He goes from state to state wherever this car pops up on CL to warn people. Kinda like a "videollante"
    https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/1936-ford-scam-ad-dont-fall/6322625700.html
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  14. trailerpark

trailerpark

Scam, they will send you a link to a fake EBay site, you will pay through the fake site and your money is gone.

belair likes this.
  15. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

You want a caption for this?

kiwijeff likes this.
  16. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

MMM...Liver and Onions......Maybe he's also selling Annapolis Naval Oranges and Boston Chicken with Scranton Scrub Toast.

17. Mmmm Boston chicken. Now your making me hungry.

Flathead Dave likes this.
  18. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

:eek:
    I would have used a "puke" emoji but I couldn't find one.
    MMM, that's what my wife says.
    So, one day she goes you're on your own for dinner tonight I'm going to a friends house for liver and onions, he makes it so good.
    So I asked her if it is so good why do you only have it once a year.
    Damn that was good pizza!

Flathead Dave likes this.
  19. As soon as she (?) put in the details of how her (?) husband died th3e red flag went to full mast.

20. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I did that so we'll see what happens. It takes several people to flag something before it's removed. I included a link to the ad in an earlier post in case you or anyone else wants to contact this seller and see what happens....

21. v8deuce

v8deuce

This is 100% scam but they sure are fun to mess with! Lead them on for a while you will see what I mean and the lengths they will go when they think they have someone hooked.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

kiwijeff likes this.
  22. v8deuce

v8deuce

23. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Single great picture, good price, no phone number, on Craigslist is phishing scam 102.37% of the time.

24. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

Definitely a scam. She has posted a very nice steel'34 Ford three window for the same money, and the exact same wording on the ad. Don't walk, but RUN away from this one.

25. Budget36

Budget36

Mercy, least they should try to photoshop it and get a new background!!!...lol...good on you Lebowski for asking here first!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  26. Budget36

Budget36

Well, I just initiated an email...ya...gonna eff with them and waste some of their scamming time when I have nothing else to do...think I'll tell them I'll send them a certified check over the amount of the car...ya know, to cover the shipper, just send me back the rest...;0

kiwijeff likes this.
  27. squirrel

squirrel

when you see a scam on craigslist, click the "prohibited" link at the top of the listing. After it gets a few flags, the ad will disappear.

28. I sell on Craigslist from time to time. Last week I listed a Delta wood lathe. Within 4 hours I had six scam replies from telephone area codes around the country. A couple had the typical pay my driver nonsense but the others simply had a link back to my ad. Looked to be machine harvested. Crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.