Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is this F100 a lost cause?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cleetus, May 23, 2013.

1. Cleetus

Cleetus
    from Austin

So I haven't posted any progress on the F100. Since my initial post I've gotten the truck to my shop and torn apart. Took the interior out and cleaned it up. Will get the interior cleaned up and painted. Still working on getting the engine started. I'm pretty much learning everything about the electrics and motor online as I go. So far it's a fun project. I am trying to decide what direction I want to go with the truck. I want it LOW. I'm thinking lowered Ibeams isn't going to give me the look that I want so I am considering installing a IFS crossmember and reworking the back. I wish there was a straight forward front and rear kit like the Porterbuilt kits for this truck. I'm not crazy about installing a clip from another car. Anyway here are some photos of where I'm at so far..I pulled the bed off today and the frame is dirty as hell but underneath there is good steel. Overall the truck is pretty solid. All hinges and tailgate are solid. A few surface holes, floor pans and some dent removal and I think it will be a cool truck to roll around town in...

Attached Files:

2. Cleetus

Cleetus
    from Austin

...I know I'll probably get some hate on here for this truck but I really dig the look. I think I want to take the plunge try to get this kind of look..

Attached Files:

3. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Interesting how you used the term plunge.

It's what the appeal of this thread just did for me.

4. 2racer

2racer

find out what this guy did and do the same also join the f100 group here
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=8

5. Cleetus

Cleetus
    from Austin

Damn that sucks bro. I was really trying to maintain your interest. Oh well at least you chalked up another post to add to your daily quota. Get those numbers up there..

Thanks 2Racer I'll take a look at the Ford group. Thanks for the suggestion. :cool:

6. hunter1111

hunter1111

Any update on this build?

7. Don West

Don West

I'm from Illinois the land of rust. Hell! that's in good enough shape to drive!:p