Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is this cafe press piece Zombie approved???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J CRUZ, Feb 11, 2009.

1. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

I was checking the Cafepress website making sure I'm not getting my art ripped off and I found this. Maybe it's legit but if it's not this stuff is totally out of hand on that site and it needs to get shut down!!! Again, I don't know if this is approved by Zombie or not so don't get your panties in a bunch until he says one way or the other ok guys!.

http://www.cafepress.com/luckydevil13
    http://shop.cafepress.com/design/23990425

2. Flea

Flea

Isn't Lucky Devil Roger Miret's clothing company? I would think that stuff would be legit.

3. zombie

zombie

no! we have been fighting with them for several months. cafe press is full of bootleg stuff from a lot of different artists. these guys suck.

zombie

4. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Spike!

Spike!

Tie 'em to the car...and drag 'em..

Spike

6. Flea

Flea

Dang, sorry about that.

7. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

8. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

What the hell is it with that place they can just allow such blatant robbery? How can anyone think they can just take other people's art, post it up as if it was their own, slap it on some T-shirts and sell it like that? What has this f'n world come to?

This kind of crap is beyond irritating and I am not even an artist who needs to worry about it. But, I do seriously respect the work of artists and what it takes to do art and the lack of pay/respect they already get, let alone now just being totally ripped off on the internet by scumbag sites like this Cafe Press shit.

9. evilchevy

evilchevy

Roger Miret's from the rumblers NY brand is Dirty Devil, better design than this Lucky Devil...

10. Clysdale

Clysdale
    from Vista, CA

11. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I alerted the company holding rights to Sailor Jerry's art with an email a couple of weeks ago. They were glad to know about Cafe Press. I am hoping they bring legal guns to bear that help all you guys out. If you see anything for other companies, I suggest you follow suit. Numbers matter.

12. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

No, that's "Dirty" Devil, NOT "Lucky" Devil...

13. Folks such as this require a visability vacuum.
    Can law shut 'em down ?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  14. There is such a thing as "Fair Use", within Copyright law,
    but that doesn't include making money off someone else's work.

15. From the other thread:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/iprights.aspx

Intellectual Property Rights Policy

CafePress.com provides an automated internet-based service to users, which they use to design and sell merchandise. We contractually prohibit our users from using the service to sell merchandise that infringes third party intellectual property rights (such as copyright, trademark, trade dress and right of publicity). We encourage intellectual property rights owners to contact us if they believe that a user of our service has infringed their rights. If you let us know that your rights are being infringed by one of our users we will (in our discretion) require that the user's content is removed from products and, if the user continues to infringe your rights (or infringes the rights of others) terminate the user's access to our services.
    If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed by a user of our service, please provide our Intellectual Property Rights Agent with a notification that contains the following information:

1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other rights that have been allegedly infringed.
    2. Identification of the copyright, trademark or other rights that have been allegedly infringed.
    3. The URL or product number(s) used in connection with the sale of the allegedly infringing merchandise. Note: A store URL is www.cafepress.com/storeid. Simply including www.cafepress.com is not sufficient to identify what you are objecting to; we use the "storeid" part of the URL to identify the user.
    4. Your name, address, telephone number and email address.
    5. A statement that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the rights owner, its agent or the law.
    6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other right that is allegedly infringed.
    Our Intellectual Property Rights Agent is Candice Carr, who may reached by mail, email, telephone or fax as follows:
    CafePress.com
    Attn: Candice Carr
    Intellectual Property Rights Agent
    1850 Gateway Drive
    Suite 300
    San Mateo, CA 94404
    Email: trademark@cafepress.com
    Telephone: (650) 655-3120
    Fax: (650) 240-0260

16. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

Maybe we should all call Cadice and raise hell.

17. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

HaHaHa I made a post like this a few months ago after one of my pictures was stolen for a local dealerships add work. Mine got blasted because it had nothing to do with Hotrods then closed.

I am glad everyone looks out for everyone on here like they do even though there are a few whiners in the bunch

18. Flea

Flea

Sorry guys, I should have looked it up. I just new it had something to do with "Devil". Sorry to associate the brand with that website.

19. Guys just type in "hot rod" and you'd be surprised. There is Zombie rip-offs, Coop rip-offs, Rob S. rip-offs... But how do ya stop it?

20. Clysdale

Clysdale
    from Vista, CA

I just had a call with them...all the artist had to do is send them all the stuff featured in the post above and they will remove it. They seemed nice and understanding but we'll see how long it stays up there....