Register now to get rid of these ads!

is this a good trade???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattoos by brandon, Aug 12, 2011.

1. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

i am selling my 1952 dodge for 1800$ and i was offered from a guy a five gallon tank compressor and ride rite air bags and 4 valves ...he said he would install this on my 1959 Chrysler newyorker and this would only be the rear of the car he said he would do a single spring set up with the bags ...is this a good trade ???

this is the 52
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=27180&pictureid=304937

and this is the newyorker
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=27114&pictureid=308215

2. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Trades involving work for parts never seems to end right.

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

Depends on...

1) who it is
    2) if they'll do the work first
    3) if they have the knowledge to do it right or not?
    4) if His name is Ryno? :D

Most likely it will go south though. two scenarios will occur....

1) He'll want the car first, then will never get your car bagged.
    2) You'll have him do the work first and it won't be worth a crap and you'll have to hold up your end of the deal!

4. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Naaaah.
    1) Sell the car, pay for the work.
    2) Sell the car, buy the tools to do the work.

5. brad chevy

brad chevy

If the 52 is a running,driveable car just having the rear done is not a good trade.Sell him the car or tell him to sell his parts and come back.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  6. squirrel

squirrel

it's good for someone, but probably not for you.

7. Would not trade in this instance, for the reasons stated above.

8. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

and don't take his check either. CASH money or no deal. that car doesn't need bags to be cool.

9. Eight433

Eight433

Move on to the next offer.

10. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

Pass. Everytime I had traded something for parts for Labor, I've gotten screwed over.

11. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

well this guy has a nice shop and dose some good work its mostly on "getto" becuase he is in youngstown but my friends know him and say he wont screw me and i was thinking of makeing a contract ...i know the back is easy to bag and i was just goting to lower the front using the torsion bars and bag the back so i can drag it and ill still be able to put it up and drive in and out of some places without scraping his name of his shop is true customs he is on face book if any one looks into it to give me their opinion ...and the dodge needs some work like floors and rockers and needs a new gen or it needs rebuilt to drive and some work to brakes ...i could probably do this my self but im not the best welder and i want this to be safe ..i have no clue on how to set up air bags but i know i could lurn but i would like to have some one do it then i can try it on a less important car ...