Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is this a good drag meet to go to?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Leadsled51, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

Before I drive 250 miles to a drag race, I need to know if it's worth the trip. The drags i'm talking about are the nostalgia drags, with the Nitro funny cars at 131 Dragway in Martin, Michigan. Is it mostly older cars? Or is it the Nitro funnies, with a bunch of late model mustangs, cycles, camaros, etc. thrown in? I want to watch older stuff, the new stuff I can watch around here (BORING). If anybody can shed some light on this show for me, I would appreciate it!

2. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

to the top for the night crowd

3. Normal Norman

Normal Norman
    from Goshen IN.

Are you talking about the "night of fire" in early October? If so what I've seen there at that one is front engine fuelers and current funnies making exhibition runs. Also some pro mods. Not really that much old stuff but alot of fun. Normal Norman

4. isn't that the same weekend as the Thompson Gasser Nationals? A little closer for you too....

5. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

Oops, yes I guess I should have specified when it was....Sept. 7th and 8th at U.S.131 Dragway in Martin Michigan

6. yep, same as thompson!