Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is this a 1932 ford roadster pickup?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 8-Track, Sep 24, 2009.

1. redo32

redo32

I think you better check your shoe. You stepped in something!

2. Why do you drag up a thread that is 4and 1/2 yrs. old? I would think that the op has made a decision on it long ago.

3. What the heck are you talking about? I doesn't have a fix windshield,,if you will go back and look at the photo I think you will figure out you blew it,,that's a storm window laying inside the truck!:rolleyes: HRP

kidcampbell71 and oldtymehiboy like this.
  4. That's funny as hell, HRP. I had to go back and look just to see what he was referring to.:D:):D:)

5. chev34ute

chev34ute

That looks to be a 33 or 34 Roadster pick up. The reason being that the firewall is welded to the cowl. The 32 pick ups used the same firewalls as the cars and they were separate bolt in units. You should check the chassis on this one to find out if its original and if its its a 33 or 34.
    The 34 roadster pickup is the rarest of all with only 50 ever made. I know this because i know a guy in my home town who is lucky enough to own one and its looks a lot like the 32 you posted at the top of your thread

oldtymehiboy likes this.
  6. Anyone know the current status of the truck? Very interesting to follow. tim

7. Donald A. Smith

Donald A. Smith
    from Brook In.

Why are you all getting so up set on a thread that was brought up in 2009?? Get over it and build a HOT- ROD

grifcarnut likes this.
  8. That is a 33-34 cowl of a open cab truck body . Looks to have the right doors and rear section of cab has had some welding around where the wood for the top goes. All you need is windshield parts to go with it good luck . Could not tell about the bed but you would need a 33-34 bed and frame as that cowl will not work with a 32 frame

oldtymehiboy likes this.
  9. clem

clem

image.jpeg
    I know that this is an old,old thread.
    Just wanted to add a pic from what we call colonial trucks, virtually the same cowl as in question on this thread.
    May interest some on here.
    Clemens

10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

This is a 34 Roadster PU
    1934ifordroadsterpickupc.jpg
    This is a local 32 roadster pickup
    Col DELLS 32-1.jpg

This is a local 32 roadster utility
    EVALLA11_467_p.jpg

11. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

Ford would have never made the back of the cab so crude on top. 32 roadster pickups had wood framed doors with a metal skin. It's a 33-34 not a 32 firewall. Looks like a big truck cowl. Look at the other picture above of the primered one.. That's correct. In my opinion it is a bunch of assembled parts. If that is fine with you build it and have fun. Send some pics. to the ford barn.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  12. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

If you are referring to above examples, only the bottom two (2) are unique Ozzie bodies as we do things differently down here :D

oldtymehiboy likes this.
  13. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

‘37 roadster doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app