Register now to get rid of these ads!

is there any performance intakes for the 1962 390 cdillac?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by eviltex, May 6, 2008.

1. eviltex

eviltex
    from el paso tx

ive been looking for a while and found a couple of things but not much for the 390.. why is this? ive seen the stat's on the motor and its rated at about 350 horse power..

2. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

lots of performance intakes that you can be on the look out for.

Offy, Weiand, Edelbrock, Edmunds, Detroit Racing Equipment, etc. 2x2, 3x2, 2x4, etc.

I've collected some of this stuff through the years. Tough to come by sometimes, just gotta hunt.

-scott noteboom

3. I've got a 6x2 for a Cad.

4. eviltex

eviltex
    from el paso tx

are any of these in production or am i looking for vintage parts..? is there any guys that deal with a large amount of 390 parts.. i need a crankshaft too.. thanks for the help

5. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

look for vintage parts, more fun.

i think folks like eelco make a new 2x2 intake, but that guy will just steal your deposit money and you'll never hear from him-- like he's done to a couple folks...

-scott noteboom

6. eviltex

eviltex
    from el paso tx

bummer... do you sell or trade parts notebooms??

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

every part you need for just about any car in the world will eventually end up on ebay. search for 390 cadillac or cadillac intake and make it a "favorite search", you can have ebay email you every time a new item comes up

I would not be suprised if you could still get an offenhauser or edelbrock intake for that motor brand new

8. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

Offie made one, but it's out of production. I don't know about Edelbrock. You might wanna PM Marcy on here, she's got a U-Fab 4x2 that I was real close to buying, but I'm gonna save my money for now, times are a little tight and I need to get a shitload of work done on our Olds before the Cinematic. I've got a 264 nailhead with an offie adaptor and hurst motor mounts that I'm gonna try to trade for one or sell outright to buy one at the Springfield swap. Also, make sure yours is really a 1962, they were the same from '59-62, but changed a lot for '63 before the made the new design a 429...