Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is there any hope of getting out of this?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by midnightrider78, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Good plan for now. Best of luck to you.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  2. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, here are my 2 cents.... I have seen some cars built from the ground up, that were perfect to anyon but the builder.... Of course you will always know of that little not so nice weld or that little dent that needed a tad filler. If you´re setting your goal too high your burn yourself out, and maybe that is what ist happening to you.
    A friend of min built a 70000 Euro/ 100000$ 1957 Bel Air a couple of years ago, he could write a book about what he ´d do differently today if he could.
    And another guy who had three different painters paint his car because he wasn´t perfectly ok with the former paintjob although anybody told him it´s show quality. There´s a reason Ridler Award cars cost so much bucks and never get driven.
    Maybe you should rethink your goal and release yourself a lot of pressure.
    This has happened to me, maybe that´s why I kinda understand were you coming from, but try to put yourseld back on solid ground. What you did to this car sounds like it´s 100% better in quality than when tha 57 rolled off the assembly line.
    And if you wanna feel real good about your own build quality take a look behind any panel of a brand new BMW or Benz....

3. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

going out in the woods, fishing, hunting, camping, drinking beer helps to put yourself on the ground too... the internet is not the perfect place for that. another $0.02

4. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

Since I have decided to hang onto it, it will definitely be the T-10. I am a firm believer in the old saying: real hot rods have 3 pedals.
    I just mentioned that TH400 in the original post because it is among the piles of extra parts that I would have let go with the car.

5. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Your pop's 56 is fantastic! I can see why you'd like it!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Am I wrong or did you have crappy body work and paint done and thats why you were thinking of selling.
    I had that happen and I sold the car wrong thing to do maybe but I couldnt stand to look at it.
    Do I miss it yes tell I remember the crappy paint and body work then I get over it.

7. Is this the same car you are talking about? HRP

[​IMG]

8. tedster

tedster

Read post 112.

9. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

I did most of the final bodywork myself and while I don't think I would call it "crappy", it is definitely not as nice as I was expecting/thought it was. The paint has a couple issues that I believe can be reconciled with a little more sanding and buffing.

10. Butch Clay

Butch Clay

Sweet ride!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

I've never seen a '56 with the rear wheel wells radiused that way.

At first I'd thought there was damage from the wheel flying off while driving.

12. Abomb

Abomb

I think you've made the right decision...

13. jesse1980

jesse1980

Good choice , very nice car.

14. mike bowling

mike bowling

Give it to your Dad for Father's Day and get your OWN car.

15. I am so glad you are going to keep it. If the car has sentimental value and it is “the one” you need to keep going. Even if that means letting it sit for awhile. Will cost more than one that doesn’t have sentimeanlt value; yes. Will you enjoy it more when it’s on the road and driving, then one with sentimental value; yes.

16. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia

In all my years here, this has to be the weirdest thread. There are some dudes advising to grab a 12 pack and roll a joint, and the OP thanks them for their input and support.:confused:

17. Well wheres the harm in that? a few brews have gotten me laid by some great looking women more often then not, and I think I once figured out how gravity works after a couple joints- but I don't really remember..pretty sure I had a great time tho....and umm what was the question again?

18. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia

Shit man, you still think they were great looking women !!?? :rolleyes:

19. What would have been so hard to say yes or no!:mad: HRP

20. M224SPEED

M224SPEED
    from Missouri

Are you trying to please yourself with the build of this car or recreate what your Dad once had? If you are true to your words ,and don't need the $$$ put the car in safe storage for awhile and get your head together.
    Selling now with your thinking being.......( if I may be so bold ) a little fuzzy,would be a mistake . I think with some time and the car out of sight & out of mind will allow you to make a meaninful decision !