Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Is there a National Hot Rod Day?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by UNSHINED 2, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Is there a National Hot Rod? If there is, it should have its day.

2. Jim Huseby

Jim Huseby

I couldn't find the SEMA Collector Car Day for 2020, but as pprather noted, if it's going to be on July 9th, that's Thursday, a work day, which I would have to let go by while I am working. Maybe it will actually be on the 10th, unless the official date is set on the 9th. I'm at work now and shouldn't be posting, but this is an extremely interesting thread. Does anyone have a national car events calendar to consult to try to eliminate date conflicts and augment date coordination and does anyone have a list of national clubs, like NHRA, NSRA, etc. to link to this thread? I would like to see this thread's idea get hammered out to perfection (which is impossible, but at least hammered out to the most all-around acceptable and do-able date and official standing) so it can be announced nationally or internationally fairly soon. Then the world will be ready for it or it will be ready for the world and on our schedules long before summer.

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  3. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Could just make it the 2nd Friday or Saturday of July.....each year....? So it ties in with the weekend

1morecarIpromise! and MMM1693 like this.
  4. [/QUOTE]
    Its just for us so why don't we agree on a date that when it will be, no government, no public opinion, just us doing what we like to do and maybe honor a hot rod hero each year. Just my 2 cents. BigO

5. Its just for us so why don't we agree on a date that when it will be, no government, no public opinion, just us doing what we like to do and maybe honor a hot rod hero each year. Just my 2 cents. BigO[/QUOTE]

I like honoring a hot rod hero every year!

6. Next thing you know those Kustom guys will be wanting to have a day of their very own.:rolleyes:;)

7. Ok, maybe it should be Hot Rod and Kustom Day? Now we are making progress!

8. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

If you have a National Hot Rod Day then next, you have to define what is a hot rod. I'm sure guys with new Hemi Chargers and such will want to be included.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The cut off has to be 1965

guthriesmith and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. MMM1693, j3harleys and UNSHINED 2 like this.
  11. A Boner

A Boner

image.png Here in Wisconsin, the Legislature passed this.....and the Wisconsin State Patrol is jerking around with Hot Rods driven on Wisconsin roads.

How ironic!

Article is from Old Cars Weekly Magazine.

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  12. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

At work we have calendars made up with all kinds of crazy days (like national toillet day), go to www.calendarlabs.com and suggest it, or National "drive" your Hot Rod day. We just need to find a day that we all can agree on and isn't taken.

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  13. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Since the hot rod scene really took off after the servicemen returned from WW2 I think it should be the day after Veterans Day.

guthriesmith likes this.
  14. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

June 19th. C.J. Hart ran the first commercial drag race on that day in 1950. And it's on a Friday next year which gives us a 3 day weekend.;)

15. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Yeah.... That can be a tough time of year to drive your hot rod in some parts of the country.....

1940 Armistice Day Blizzard.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Mopar officially designates 4-26 as its day of celebration. That's all I need.

17. Sounds good to me, I've owned both and love both, its got my VOTE !