Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is There A Company That Manufactures 1935-1936 Ford Roadster Fiberglass Bodies?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slammed88, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

Like the title says, do you know of any companies that manufacture fiberglass or reproduction 1935-1936 Ford Roadsters? Not like a Coast to Coast body, but a stock one.

Thanks!!

2. Unique Motorcars in Gadsden,Alabama builds a very nice 35 or 36 Ford cabriolet body.These guys have been in the kit car(Cobra replicas)business for quite awhile.They are a reputable group of guys.Phone number is 256-546-2395 or 256-546-3708

3. ..didn;t J B Donaldson ...or somethin like that?...make 36's, like the Street Rodder magazine Tour Car coupe?

4. 22 track

22 track

5. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

6. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Is JB Donaldson the same company that used to be Fairlane, with a new name?

7. A company called "Fairlane" manufactered 36 roadster bodies but I believe they sold everything to another company. I was told the new company was to continue production. Maybe it is JB Donaldson?

8. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

I know the Posie's "Aeroliner" was based on a 35 roadster from Downs, but I think it was a one off type of deal, I dont think they have them in production, but it may be worth looking into as Downs makes a very good product.

9. snapper

snapper
    from PNW

10. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

You can afford a $12,000 body? :eek: I kinda thought the HAMB was for us poor folks, you know, hot rodders. Are you on the right forum?:D

11. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

Haha, I've been saving up A LOT. :D

But after I buy this body, I'm gonna be broke again. Haha!

12. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

What kind of job do you have?

13. take a look at the heritage body before you go to jb donaldson.......

14. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

Why's that? Are the Heratige bodies better than the JB ones?

15. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

Haha, I guess so. I've never heard it called that before, though. :D

Thanks for all of the links and helpful information, guys! I really appreciate it! :)

16. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Duece Customs export into the US already I think. Thier products are held in very high regard down here, Dickie particularly likes them cause the make a seat just for him. :D

17. ABone312

ABone312

I haven't seen Heritage's '35/'36 body, but we worked on a '32 and '34 roadsters that were theirs at the rod shop I worked at. We didn't like either one of those, took LOTS of glass work to make them presentable.

18. rocknrods

rocknrods
    BANNED

Yep I've seen their bodies up close. Very nice!

19. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

think id look at the deuce customs body, seen a couple of their bodies up close and was blown away by the quality of them with regards to fit and finish.

20. Rckt98

Rckt98

Let me get this straight, you have to be poor to be a hot rodder?

21. this place has really gone to hell we need a street rod section for this place

22. JB Donaldson is a good friend of mine. His shop is about a half mile from mine and you would shit yourself if you saw his shop. Tons of really cool stuff, high quality bodies and neat accessories.

JB got his start in fiberglass building structural elements, allong with car bodies he makes storage tanks as big as you can imagine. He has built all of his own molds and then kiln dries every component so you don't have that horrible fiberglass smell!

If you do call him tell Jim, Steve @ Industrial Chassis says hi.

23. 36 Pickup

36 Pickup

This may be too late, as you may have bought your roadster.
    As I'm from Australia I have a Deuce Custom 36 Roadster body on an original chassis. I ordered it as # 5 out of the mould in black gel coat and it is straight as, faultless. Being in the panel beating game for a while I know quality when I see it. I saw the car the mould was taken from, it had been in storage for more than 30 years in Perth West Australia which is dry climate and it was metal finished ready for the mould to be taken.
    Price in Aussy $ 8490 as at July 2006.
    A lot of Yanks are buying his bodies as it works out cheaper due to the dollar exchange.
    Hope this helps some: 36 Pickup

24. johnnykck

johnnykck

Yeah man, what's next? A post asking where we can get the best deal on billet wheels and who makes the "coolest" LED tail lights?
    Man I thought this was a billet and fiberglass free forum!!

25. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

\ :eek: I kinda thought the HAMB was for us poor folks, you know, hot rodders. Are you on the right forum?:D[/QUOTE]

?????WTF????????:confused:

26. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Yeah, where can I get a deal on billet wheels and LED tail lights?

27. FASI

FASI

This is an old post that I just happened to come across. The Fairlane Company body molds have not been sold and are still in my possession. They are available for sale to someone with the knowledge of fiberglass and steel fabrication, who wants to build what was at the time, the strongest built body. PM me for any serious discussion.

28. adventurer

adventurer

I bought a frame from Heritage to be used under my steel 35 3 window, and had to redo it almost competely. The Mustang II crossmember was welded wrong, rear cross member had to be cut away and positioned correctly, and no body mount holes aligned with the frame holes. . If the bodies are built like the frames, better stay away from them

29. Yeah Dennis it is matey !!!

DC bodies are extremely well engineered bodies due to the strict ADR compliance rules we have to deal with here in Oz.

Ive used one of their bodies and know a shitload of others who have - excellent product with very good longevity !!

Rat