Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Is there a car or truck you dream about but eludes you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 29, 2015.

1. jchav62

jchav62

pics 2.jpg My first car was supposed to be this '55 Belair 2dHT. Being young and dumb, I went another route and have regretted it for years. I still want another '55 but I just can't afford one... someday hopefully.

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. Deadbird

Deadbird

The list is so long I'd hate to even start writing it.

3. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Hotrodprimer...

Great thread ! Two of my all-time favorites will probably never be sold, and if they were, you'd have to tap Warren Buffet or Bill Gates for a loan.

Charles Chaney's "Buick XP-300" Concept, that was built at the same time Harley Earl's LaSabre. And, Rust Heinz's 1938 "Phantom Corsair"...which I always thought could have been the original "Batmobile".

Love 'em...plus, a few others.

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  4. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well This may be politically incorrect here, but a 70 Hemi 'Cuda would fit in the garage next to my A right nicely.

das858 likes this.
  5. southerncad

southerncad

OK, I'm in, out of the two I have always drooled over, one being a '49 Cad Sedanette, which I have, and the other a '60 Cad coupe, just set down a little and leave it at that.....but a big wooden boat has kept me from getting the '60, but there's always hope:rolleyes:

SMLBound and 302GMC like this.
  6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

that's my problem too. I already have one car that really should go, and I would have to get rid of another before I seriously thought about adding something else. Another one that has been on my list for a long time is a chopped, channeled cycle fendered '33/'34 Chevy coupe.
    34 chevy.jpg
    or a chopped and channeled full-fendered 33/34 PU with stacks
    Jay\'s_34_PU_small.jpg
    Or a clone of the Dick Ford Chevy roadster...
    Dick Ford.jpg

Or a '63/'64 chevy II 2 dr sedan with a van front axle, or...But at some point, reality sinks in.

tb33anda3rd and Sancho like this.
  7. stimpy

stimpy

one of these full of money [​IMG]
    and the 50 pontiac coupe ....I got the sedan instead , but a real hard one is a 60s marauder like the old mans .. then there is the needle nose Pete or the B model mack . or another Emeryville like we had on the farm .

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Or...
    IMG_20150814_0001.jpg
    with a 6x2 371 and a top-shift cad-lasalle...and the list goes on, and on, and on, and...

302GMC likes this.
  9. I thought I was the only one that liked '30's pick-ups with stacks.......

volvobrynk and brad2v like this.
  10. I ALWAYS wanted a 33-34 ford coupe.....BAD! Was at the very top of my "list"..I finally got one and I'm keeping it. My 2nd choice is a really weird choice. I wanna 50 Pontiac coupe. The 1950 cars had great, toothy grilles. I'd have to go with a hotrod 428-455 and a 4 speed with a dumped suspension.

falcongeorge likes this.
  11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

theres a few of us...Right 50fraud?;)

volvobrynk, brad2v and Sancho like this.
  12. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I've got two....a 1940 Ford coupe and a 1963.5 Ford Galaxie. Always loved 40's, have never found one I could afford. The 63, my Uncle owned a red fastback, 390, 3 on the tree, bench seat car. Loved that car, he sold it to his brother just before I turned 15, his brother kept it a few years, then sold it to his wife's brother. He kept it a couple of years, and then sold it and nobody knows what happened to it after that. I only found out about the last known owner having it after he became my brother in law for a few years, at that time the car had been gone from his possession 3-4 years. Every time I see a red 63.5, I look to see if it might be it. Have not seen another one with red bench and three speed on the column yet, every one has either been buckets or an automatic with the bench. Have no idea where it ended up, or if it is even around anymore.

13. I know he does! :cool:

14. brad2v

brad2v

I also see there's more than a few of us that MIGHT narrow this down to 50. But, as mentioned, reality sets in.

falcongeorge likes this.
  15. not that one guy

not that one guy
    from So NV

I'm one of the lucky ones
    After my Dad passed away I wanted to get his old 1950 truck back.

Details in video in my signature line

16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

For as long as I can remember it's been a chassis not so much the car that's been the carrot on the end of the stick.

Shoebox, merc, tri 5 Chevy, 69 nova, 46 ford 64 galaxie whatever, as long as it's black.

Low. A shit ton of power. And enough gears to actually drive it. I've day dreamt of backing out of a neon lit greasy spoon and watching the reflections in the hood swirl when I hit the gas and the hood sucks down for decades

17. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

For me it's a 32 5 window. :oops: Maybe one day I will find one I can afford to own. :confused:

hallrods likes this.
  18. sweetdick2

sweetdick2
    from new jersey

olds.jpg olds.jpg 32 five window 2.jpg cushenberry.png Been looking for that Olds for 20 years,I just know it's stored away in somebody's ;););)garage

Jet96 and volvobrynk like this.
  19. cavman

cavman

I've been really lucky to own some much sought after rides in the last 50+ years, but never one of these... '64 T-Bolt, and '48 Anglia. There's still time. I hope.

20. My unicorn for decades has always been a W block Impala SS, 1962, 63 or a 1964. Came very close but never made the hit.
    Also a 1957 Ranchero. Had a close encounter with one 2 years ago but it was priced out of my range.

slowmotion likes this.
  21. Larry,I have been fortunate to have had 2 deuce 5 windows,I got the first at 12 years old and my dad beat the crap outta me and made me give it back.

The second on I got was 50 years later and now 56Don owns it.

I would like to have another someday but when it comes to affordability setting my sights on a 1950 Ford coupe would probably be more in my budget. :D HRP

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

A Willys pickup with a big Hemi & all the fixin's! It will probably never happen but that's okay, I'm thankful for what I got.

23. Tony

Tony

Count me in. I had a 33 with stacks and full fenders a hand full of years back.
    Still love that look. Haha

Im very fortunate with the "dream car" thing. I have been able to get the couple that were the "ones" for me. Even if they were complete shit boxes when i got them. Thats all i can buy. Haha
    Buuuut!!
    If i was to pick one more that has always been on my mind it would be a 40/41 Willys coupe....in steel.
    One has never eluded me, i just cant afford the ones i've run across, and can never find one shitty enough for me to afford. Hahaha

But im good with what i've got now and would be if i were told they were the last ones i ever have.

Tony

volvobrynk and falcongeorge like this.
  24. donno

donno

50 Old's Coupe.

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

me too. Really, I have been pretty damned lucky on that count, and hell, you cant build 'em all. I REALLY wanted a factory 4 speed '65 Falcon and I was able to scratch that itch, and my '39 is pretty clean, gotta be grateful for what you have. Gotta admit though, the Chevy coupe with the 6x2 olds I posted still really calls out to me. That photo was my avatar for a while...And hey, I have the intake, so that's a good start to ANOTHER project car, right??:eek::D

Tony likes this.
  26. 46-48 Ford/Merc convertible, or a 40-41 Merc Coupe built in Kevan Sledge's style

27. My first car could have been a 1956 Chevy Nomad but my father told me I would just get some girl in trouble so he wouldn't let me by it, I told him it didn't take a Nomad Wagon to get a girl in trouble, but he still wouldn't let me by it. So my car that eluded me was the 56 Chevy Nomad and have never had the chance to buy another one. Now they are big dollar cars so I may never get the chance. Black Chromed Out 56 Chevy Nomad 2.jpg Black 210 56 Chevrolet Nomad.jpg Black Chromed Out 56 Chevy Nomad 3.jpg 1956 Black Chevy Nomad.jpg

exterminator and ME.GASSER like this.
  28. I'd LOVE to find my dad's '63 SS convertible (white/white/red interior, 283/PG) or his '49 shoebox that he had in high school!

OR....a nice '55 Chevy post car (either a 150 or 210)!

Hey, a guy can dream!!!!!

29. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

th.jpg

this one was one that was always on the wish list.

Stogy and volvobrynk like this.
  30. Fortunately,in my case,a good 1950 Ford project are not astronomically priced yet so I might be able to lay my hands on one in the future. HRP

volvobrynk likes this.