Register now to get rid of these ads!

is it worth it? 1959 caddy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by superstockcatalina, Jun 8, 2008.

1. chebby

chebby

10k for a 59 deville? if i had the cash i would grab it. he says it even runs and drives. just gotta put the interior back together.

2. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

For Florida prices, it sounds reasonable but for the rest of the country it's probably a bit high for a car that needs paint and from what I can tell an interior too and who knows what else.

3. Squablow

Squablow

Price seems reasonable for how nice the car is. I just have to wonder what the "convertible conversion" really is. I did one with a GTO but I had a whole convertible parts car to use. If he's planning to just whack the roof off that would really be a shame. I highly doubt anyone is reproducing all the parts that would be necessary to turn this car into an original quality convert.

4. true, who knows how much body fill it has, but then again, after some metalwork and a good paint job, it would bring back money later! im still trying to talk him into buying it, then ill have to steal it from him hahah but he is still set on a 58 hardtop, im trying real hard though, you dont see 59's everyday

5. adamabomb76

adamabomb76
    from York, Pa

If you can't put a hand or magnet on it....mabe a fellow HAMBer will?

6. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

the money for a 59 is right there it will finish up well above the buy it now price but the low buy it now price leads me to think it is a bondo ride.

7. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Not enough info to put a value on it. Could be worth much more or much less than the $10K. Along with the rust/fill assessment you need a complete inventory of what is missing. Lot's of parts made of unobtainium on these.

8. man, well, its a gamble i guess, sucks that its just so far enough away, ill have to talk to him more about it tomorrow but wow, a 59 two door..... i just have dealing with body fill!!! thanks guys

9. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

for 10 grand 6 hours drive is not that far if you are at tallahasse of jax or maybe more if you are in pensacola

10. jfrolka

jfrolka

Its a true coupe hardtop.. the guy is gonna make it a convertible if it doesnt sell. A 59 coupe that together for 10grand is still a good deal.

The front floorbards are rotted in it, most are cause its like a little bathtub in the gas/brake pedal area. But the floorboards are so thick and have such simple curves its east to repair

11. jimmyv

jimmyv

Not to hijack but what does anyone think this 59 is worth? It's missing the hood, front and rear bumpers and grill, also has a good bit of lower panel rust. A friend of mine has it and I can probably get it for doing some body work or paint on a couple projects he has but might also want to just make him an offer on it. It would be a great car to use with a 4 door donor.

Attached Files:

12. jfrolka

jfrolka

Thats a fucked up 59 you want to avoid, that 10g's aint lookin so bad for the egay 59 now is it!!

13. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

Yeah, I'd say to hit it.

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Buy it, ship it to Australia and tripple your money.

15. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Um,,the one in the video looks to be the same car? missing same trim and in Fla. ???

Maybe its the same guy??

Same mismatched whitewalls,,and broken antenna
    [​IMG]

16. Gigantor

Gigantor

Shit, is a 59 Caddy with only 2-doors worth 10K? Buy it, fix it, sell it, and buy 2 or 3 1958 Caddys. Awesome car with tons of potential.

17. kustombypook

kustombypook

I would not buy it without actually looking at it first. Not to be paranoid, but the car may not even exist, or that isn't the owner selling it. I just read the description of the car and it sounds like a 4 year old wrote it. It also sounds like one of the out-of-country scammers wrote it too. That description reads like some of the scammers who have been interested in buying some of the stuff I have sold on the internet.

Just saying, check it out before sending any money.

18. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Good points cause whoever wrote the adverts for prior sales (in there feedback )could spell much better,,lol

19. eberhama

eberhama

20. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Wait ?? same car 2 different sellers??? Maybe the guy here sold it to the guy selling in now???

21. Abomination

Abomination

Remember, '59 was a rusty year...

22. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

10k for a 59 coupe is a good price anyday, but with all the controversy in prices, adds, and other question marks that seem to come up about the car, i would do one of two things, take a ride with a magnet and a flashlight, with seventy-five hundred bucks, or don't get involved at all!