Register now to get rid of these ads!

is it a 53 or 54 canadian ford? now with pictures! ;)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JonnyRockets, Jul 11, 2005.

1. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

Hello Hambers - need your help - came across this car, the guy who would sell it to me says that it's a 1954 ford. Now - it has a flathead in it, which I know were available in 1954 in Canada - but all the lines of the car say 1953 to me. (dash, front grill, rear window etc.)

Is there anyone who knows what type of flathead v8 is in here, and if it is a 53 or 54?

Also - 400 bucks canadian sound like a good deal? ($330 US Dollars.)

it has 4 doors, but I think it could make a pretty cool car.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sgary

sgary

Jeez!!You must be as cheap as me if you have to ask if the price is right.

3. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

Haha!

That, or I have to pick my purchases wisely - or the wife will kill me. I'm trying to figure out a way I can even get this one. Thinking of selling old stuff - and making a deal that 25% of whatever money I get - goes towards "our" account - the other 75% gos towards me.

4. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Canadian Fred 'Pokey' from the Coasters Car club.

Attached Files:

5. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

it's got a 53 grill.

6. Retroline

Retroline

Get him to throw in that push bike and it's a good deal, 53 or 54 Go for it!

7. PONY

PONY

It's a 1953. The square turn signals and full length grille make it 53. The 52 had a shorter grille with round seperate turn signals and the 54 had a full length grille with round turn signals built into the grille.

8. phat rat

phat rat

I's not a Canadian Ford it's a made in the U.S.A 1953 Ford

9. JD

JD

Nice find Jonny! Stay focused on one car at a time though, like the '38 Dodge.

10. Fourth pic down, on the fender. Was Mainline an American Ford? I thought that was a Canadian name. Or has someone been putting 'Mr Bubbles' in my crack pipe?

11. Jesus, what an ugly car, there's in NO WAY that thing could be cool.

[​IMG]

12. Squablow

Squablow

Mainline was an American model name, my first car was a '53 Ford Mainline Tudor sedan (still have it, chopped with a 348 now) Not sure about your crack pipe though, you need to keep that in the crotch of your pants so the cops don't find it and your friends don't cut your crack with drywall.