Register now to get rid of these ads!

IS anyone getting anything done in this heat?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RDAH, Jul 4, 2012.

1. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

i just mowed the back lawn. . .or whats left of it. the truck only really gets worked on after about 7 when it sort of cools down, but it is still a solid stuffy in the garage.

2. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Sweet, a chance to bitch about something that can't be changed:D;)... Yup, I work at least 10 hours a day in this shit... don't really have a choice... Day job working in a shop built in the early 60... the sales and parts guys get AC but out in the shop we're screwed, the only A/C we got is opening up the doors... With the constant 100*+ temps and all the smoke in the air from the recent fires its made for some unpleasant days...

3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am about ready to finish the rear end installation in my daily driver,its behind the garage in the shade which is a lot cooler then in my garage plus more room to work. If it stays hot the rest of the summer and we have a normal or much colder winter I might be in trouble since I will be used to the very hot weather.

4. jazz1

jazz1

Let's see,,called work,,told them I would be off for the next 6 weeks...collected my mt's and going to pick up some beer and head off to cruise night,,,full slate gettin' done around here

5. Scumdog

Scumdog

26F here in lower N.Z. this morning, made for a slow oil-change on the Thunderbird!:D

6. greg

greg

Put a window unit air conditioner in my garage yesterday, for the first time!!!
    The section I work in is 12x24 and insulated.
    But the hot rod work has slowed way down.

7. Don Martin

Don Martin
    from West Tenn

105 in my shop where I make my living . Alot of brakes and DON'T piss me off or you may never get it back. Home shop not any cooler but that's where I have fun and play with MY stuff so I can handle the heat. It's all fun

8. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

what kind of job do you have that you can tell them your taking 6 weeks off???

9. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

fuck yes, cleaned out the shop, etc...

10. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Finished the daily driver repair and it was brutal,all I had to do was install new e brake cables and the brakes plus a new rear u joint. It took me from 6.30 to almost 10 to get it back on the ground and around the block a few times for a test run,normally I could of had this done in a hour and a half but I could not work that fast. Where I work its brutal too and might have been cooler outside,took me most of the day to redo a headliner,quarters and sunvisors in a early 80s big olds when most of the time it can be done in less then 3 hours.

11. texas , az, been there,,,,not much in the way of humidity....not like here back east....100+ all week...makes it hot at the TA truck stop...biggest thing to fix in this weather is ac on the semi's.....100+ temps....90% or better humidity.....big ass semi motors been running none stop for a few weeks.....it's kinda like huggin a huge iron ore nugget right out of the blasr furnance.....my pocket thermometer generally is about 120...until i stick it in the vent to do a ac reading.....so it makes it easier to go home and play with something in the garagei runn a small squirel cage in there...let it blow across the cool slab all day while i'm at TA...generally all week it's been at least 20 or so cooler in there

tonite stripped the old stock paint off the front of the hemi....looked at what i will need to install the coil overs that are in route .....made calls on the tilton hyd t/o bearing.....

12. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I work outside 12 hrs a day 4 and 5 days a week while wearing about 45 lbs of gear.....on my off days I have a hard time getting motivated to go punish myself in the 100 deg heat with 90% humidity....therefore even though it's still hot I typically work at night with the fans on full blast......plus I found I get a lot more done when everyone is asleep.

13. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Heat? What Heat??
    A nice 85 degrees for 4th of July here in Chino,CA

14. Ventured out into the 103 heat to the parts pit to get a radiator support & ran across a weird scene.

The dedicated trap we have in the parts storage area snagged a desert pack rat....then
    A snake came along & crawled into the trap & ate the rat.

Only problem with the snakes meal plan was.... his gut was too big to get out of the trap after he ate the rat.... Snake was fried by the heat by the time I found him.

Attached Files:

15. Ed Wrath

Ed Wrath

It's a problem I'd like to be dealing with........

16. drmrman

drmrman
    from new Jersey

I got my 32 running on wed. I think it was 95* in the garage... :D I work in a shop without ac everyday so its normal.

http://youtu.be/szd1VICNt94

17. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

In between yardwork and honey-do's: Got a section of my dash painted, screwed up the glovebox door, painted the driver's door and some other small interior pieces...Trying to get as much as I can done with my interior before my coaching gig starts back Monday. All in all enjoying the heat. Sunshine cures just about everything, plus it makes you thirsty :)

18. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

Almost forgot, I used my Alliance membership for the first time with Ez-Boy. Getting a seat cover. Customer service has been awesome so far! I will let yall know how it goes when it gets here.

19. outlaw256

outlaw256

SCREW YOU MAN!!! i like cold alot better than hot.i got a coat, but they wont let me walk around naked.lol.hell i wouldnt even want to see that! lol

20. tlmartin84

tlmartin84
    from WV

Yeah I am getting a lot of brush and firewood cut in this crap for next winter, after mother nature let one loose on us. Been a week without electricity. Put the truck on hold.....for a few months.

However I am not complaining, still got a roof over my head. Could be like the poor guys in Colorado, man do I feel for them...

21. 102 here yesterday, and hotter today and tomorrow. We got the oil changed in my son's Jeep yesterday, and we were sweatin' like a whore in church. Finished up, then headed to the house. Worked inside the rest of the day.

Weird summer, very little humidity. We get a break Sunday night. The highs next week are supposed to be what the lows at night have been this week. Strange.

22. DRH

DRH

I have a 95 ranger in the garage that im fixing to sell (I fix modern stuff to finance the older projects) and the heat hasn't slowed me down. The sooner I am done with this one, the quicker my 55 olds 88 can get in there! :)

23. speedfreek155

speedfreek155

NO ! Actually trying to finish the 350 install in my O.T. El Camino . Leaned over
    the hood the other day and got burned by the heat of the metal , so nothing is getting done .

24. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

Yeah, been in the shop cuttin and weldin, just like normal.

Although I did cut up 3 trees yesterday after work. Have all of the storm damage cleaned up at my house and almost all cleaned up at my Dad's place.

25. Gator

Gator

Insulating my Caddy with EZ Cool from Hamber Lobucrod, also have new door weaterstrips on order - all so the recently installed Vintage Air AC will work better.

26. Deuces

Deuces

Try an electric die grinder with a speed dial next time you porting heads.. ;)

27. Faus

Faus

I can't do much in this heat.... I changed the valve cover gasket, plugs, and wires in my car and actually lost 8 lbs doing that for an hour

28. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Heat has never bothered me too much. I've been taking my truck down to bare metal wear jeans, welding gloves, and a mask in 105+.

I'm not trying to make out like it's not hot; it's hella effing hot, but not enough to keep me from working when I find the time.

29. odins701

odins701

OMG my home A/C is dieing!! its almost 80 in here... At lunch James came over and cleaned the A coil. its back together. its been 5hrs now and still 80 deg... fingers crossed (virtually) :)