Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Is anyone building a C-cab?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kage, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I'm not, and probably never will - but someone needs to build one in the style of the Grabowski tub from Sex Kittens Go To College.

-Dave

Attached Files:

2. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Great thread. As a card carrying T owner I too like C-Cabs. Somebody really needs to make this one a reality.
    [​IMG]

Here are some pictures I took of a cool home made T that is neither a C-cab or a Tall T coupe, but kind of a mix of the two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  3. Zandoz

Zandoz

I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately tackling that kind of project from a wheelchair, on a fixed income, with no garage, kinda complicates things. Until one or more of the preceding complications change for the better, all my building projects are in my head. There's some cool cars in there...LOL.

4. Kage

Kage

Thats a cool looking C-cab. What are your sons plans for it?

5. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

I seen you posted my c-cab here.. Always wanted to join,, But didn't know if my cars would fit in here.. Here's a few more shots of my c-cab.. And yes it was on Gearz..

The car weight is 2240 like you see it in these pictures... The car is way smaller then it look's in the pictures...

Attached Files:

Driver50x likes this.
  6. Kage

Kage

Im glad you finally decided to post your build here on the HAMB..the guys here will dig your work

7. ice T

ice T
    from Ohio

My take on a C cab

Attached Files:

8. Dan Woods pizza wagon is for sale for 75.000 if someone has some spare change laying around.

9. Martin Harris

Martin Harris

Well, mine WAS a "T" but will soon be a Mack!

10. did anyone ever get that cowl to roof measurement? i have thought about building a wooden body overlayed with fiberglass. i have never worked with fiberglass before but i know my way around a lumber yard for sure and i have enough tools to cut and shape the framework anyway needed. how many layers of fiberglass matting is needed for the exterior of the body? once i build the general shape out of wood that i want, do i and can i apply the fiberglass over the wood side panels? does the wood remain behind the fiberglass for support or do i remove the wood once the fiberglass hardens?
    educate me a little bit oh wise ones of the Hamb.

in my head i envision a show rod type c cab, in reality i see money best spent other areas of life.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  11. a boner

a boner

What ever happened to this one....it's 4 years later. It definitely had, or has potential.
    image.jpg

12. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey, Steve;
    I'd use the wood/whatever form/skeleton as a core. Would make a nice strong sandwich. You could, depending on where you want to go - or end up - do a skeleton of wood, that is finished on the inside. Somewhat like a wood-strip-built canoe. Then glass & finish/paint like normal on the outside. Or ~ 1/2" cdx & glass inside & out. Or ~1/4' luan may work also. Would need to build an inside framework, which hopefully would be both for strength & decoration. Foam sheeting would also do as a core. & maybe as an inner structure. As to the glass, I'd guess a sandwich of mat/cloth/mat on the outside & inside would do nicely. If only on the outside, I'd use an extra layer of mat on the to-be-painted side. Might be over-kill, some-one'll surely chirp-in. There was a decent article in R&C on the Dan Woods (Ice Truck?), was a cover car, IIRC. & some pics & body-building info, too. 'Glassing isn't hard, but it is smelly, messy, can be itchy, did I mention stinky? Trick w/glass, is to not get too much resin in the matrix, or things get heavy, & less strong. & roll it out well to get rid of air bubbles. & don't use the cheap sh.. stuff. Get good fresh resin & hardner. A bit of practice will get you there. There are a couple of cheap, but decent 'glassing tapes/discs on another T-bucket site. I'd have to go looking for the name. FWIW. Marcus...