Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Is anyone building a C-cab?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kage, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Kage

Kage

I am thinking about building a C-cab delivery for my next project...or a Tall T coupe. I know they make fiberglass bodies but I would rather just pick up a model-T cowl and Fab the rest. Pictured below is the style of C-cab I'm talking about.

Attached Files:

2. outlaw256

outlaw256

kage im not building one but they are the coolest panel or what ever they are!! when i was a kid, a long, long time ago, i think it was revell but im not sure anyway i had 2 of those in models. out of about 100 models those 2 were my favorite.ive loved those things siince i was a kid.if you do build one keep us up on it.with plenty of pics

3. Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  4. Kage

Kage

If I were to build one it would be Y-block powered....and I would definitely start a build one thread for it.

5. Kage

Kage

I did a quick search to...found a lot of mode-T post...but not really any C-cab builds.

6. Not steel, hell it's not even mine but a local one

[​IMG]

Big mike 1968 likes this.

7. I have plans her with original C cab dimensions. You could use those and then alter whatever dimensions you needed to to make it fit your vision.

I don't recall where I got them.

OK they are by rod n race so I am sure I got them here. Perhaps he won't mind if I post them.

Swade,
    C cabs were mostly wood and cloth I think the only steel in them were the cowl fenders and floor pan.

N.L,
    You type faster than I upload.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Man, I'd love it if you could!

9. Noland

Noland

I vote for a C cab they are awesome. Would make a cool build thread. good luck

10. Kage

Kage

Thanks....these should help a lot.

11. Kage

Kage

Is their anyone else on here building a C-cab?

12. #1 Kawboy

#1 Kawboy
    from Fl

13. I'm waiting to see how much the body from the Dan Woods mold goes for if it gets made.

14. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

There was another style made with slanted sides which gave more room and the back looked with a slightly sideways compressed hexagon. DOn't know who made it or if it a]was a one- or two-off build.

15. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

Always had a soft spot for C-cabs... if only someon could builld one not so gold chainer

16. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Dad is building a C-cab pickup. model a box, flatty v8 banjo rear and juice brakes.
    I havent seen in in ages or id post a pic

17. Kage

Kage

Any pics of your Dad's C-cab?

18. Kage

Kage

Same here. Im going to sketch out my idea for how i would want one. Ill post the finished sketch and plans when they are done.

19. Deuces

Deuces
    from Michigan

Seen a cool black one on Barret-Jackson a few years back..... Anyone have pictures of it???

20. Kage

Kage

I think if I do build one I want to go with a Dan Woods opposed coil front suspension.

Does anyone know what kind/size of coil you would use for this set up?

21. Did he use coils or coil overs? Now that you mention it I don't recall if he used coils or coil overs. Didn't TRJ do an article on him a while back?

22. Kage

Kage

He uses a coil as far as I can tail..with a guide rod in the middle...It could be coil overs but I cant tell how you would mount the bases.

Attached Files:

23. You are a good man!! Y block all the way!

24. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Here's one my brother and I built a few years ago. Gennie `24 C-cab body, 25 - 27 car fenders and splash aprons, a cut-down Model A pickup bed, and lots of homemade stuff.

Unfortunately, it doesn't exist anymore. Brother Richard got t-boned by an F-150 while driving it and all he got out of the deal was a helicopter ride via CareFlight.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff and Squablow like this.
  25. Kage

Kage

Sorry to hear about your brothers misfortune. Looks like he had a cool ride.

26. Kage

Kage

LMAO!!!!!I just love the thought of running something different than what everyone else does. With that being said If I build a see cab I am going to go all out and make it a show rod with one Very tricked out Y-block...I'm thinking 4-71 or real funky 3 log intake that I have dreamed up in my head.

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Pretty sure you could pull that off by using the springs from a pair of coil overs...They were custom wound back in the day. The lower pivots worked as friction shocks on some of Wood's front ends, and lots of them had just upper bars for axle control,(think just the top bars from a 4 bar) with a short bar coming off the bottom of the axle to the front cross member. I never could figure out how he delt with the caster change generated with this deal, but he did build quite a few of them in the seventies. Carl Debow from Rod Factory in Phoenix copied them almost verbatim and sold lots of them too.

28. dlotraf

dlotraf

29. I like C-Cabs too. I'd use a '26-'27 cowl for a little more room, and I like the look better than the '23.

30. 94hoghead

94hoghead

I've got the bottom half of one. It's a 25 C-cab that someone cut the top off of. I found it in a field for $50. Here's what I started with....