Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is a THANK YOU too much to ask…???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40StudeDude, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I’m curious…is that too much to ask in this day and age…???

To keep this in the "trad" car sense, the question I’m asking shouldn’t be deleted since it has to do with HAMB members here…

Maybe I’m a bit old fashioned, but when I donate money, or product to someone, I EXPECT a thank you…

Case in Point: GARY HOWARD …Don’t know the man from Adam, but on 2/24/2011, Ryan posted he had a fire at his place…I felt sorry for him, losing everything like that. I put up for auction a set of my books , currently a 100.00 value ($24.95 per book times 4)…and I donated $25.00 cash to him via PayPal. My pal, 38Flattie, here in ColoRODo, won the auction and paid more than current value for them, but that’s not the point here.

Case in Point: TUCK. He had a fire at his place, Ryan put up a post on 11/30/2011 asking for donations…I did the same exact thing for him that I did for Gary Howard…put up my books for auction and donated cash…Camel Toe Kid stepped up and won the auction, he sent the money to Tuck and I personally autographed the books and sent them to him at my expense (adding more money to what I donated).

So here it is, almost a year since the Howard fire, four months since the Tuck fire...did I get a thank you from either man…??? No…! Not one thank you from Gary Howard… or Tuck… and please don’t give me the "they’re too busy to send a thank you." I get busy too…but I wasn’t too busy to NOT donate product AND cash…!!!

I did get a thank you from Ryan, and I can appreciate that, but it can’t make up for a sincere thank you from the guys I donated my books and money to.

These two guys sure make it hard for someone like me to donate money to the next guy that runs into some bad luck…!!!

Is a thank you too much to ask...???

R-

2. Rog,
    Thank you. Don't know if you donated a thing but you did make my short stint with a certain magazine more fun than it would have been.

3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wouldn't assume any bad vibes over it. There might have been an open post thanking everyone for their help. Did you look?

4. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

Not that you expect something in exchange buy I agree that a thank you is zero cost and a lot of value!

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I deleted this... And then undeleted it.

Frankly, I think the thing for you to do is contact each personally, rather than creat some kind of public beef. That just seems sensible to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.