Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is a Model AA front end the same deminsions?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cataldo, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Cataldo

Cataldo

Lookin' for a ford i-beam spindles and what not, and there is a Model AA in the junk yard that has the front end there.

2. Crankhole

Crankhole

Can you pm me the location? I could use some parts.

3. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

I don't know about the 30-31s, but I know the 28-29s used the same axle as the passenger car, but the outer hubs were HUGE. I've got a '29 AA that I'm slow as hell building, and I think I've covered what I've done to mine in the thread that's in my signature. I've currently got '46 half ton spindles and speedway adapters to run discs on it.

Check it out if you're interested. Also... if you can salvage the AA frame, do it. They're worth a few hundred bucks, and if nothing else, you can build a roadster or what have you on it and have the full frame type effect. I'm going to use the back half of my frame to support the bed I plan to build for it.

4. Cataldo

Cataldo

Thank you much. I'll be grabbin' the front end then. I'll have to help get it to guys on here. There is no room for a fourth vehicle in my driveway as it is we box two of mine in.

5. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Not to highjack this post, but I have an axle with an AA casting/stamp on it. I'm assuming this means it's an AA axle? It is an odd size if I remember correctly. really wide, but takes a standard A spring. Any of you AA guys know?

6. lsmjamison

lsmjamison
    from Texas

Did you ever figure out the particulars on the "AA" stamped axle? i have one too, but it seems wide.

JTL