Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is a dune buggy traditional??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Elvis, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

I didn't know if a dunebuggy (vw) would be acceptable here for the 60's section. A guy I know gave me one yesterday with two engines, 4 new tires and some other additional parts. Either way, I'm gonna build it and drive it around until I get the funds to buy/build something else, especially after selling my truck.

Anyway, what do you think?
    -Cody

2. striper

striper

A lot of fun, specific to an era (traditional), very cool......but not a hot rod or custom

3. slammed

slammed

BAck in early pre P.C. HAMB the VW was not cool here. But, with time maybe they will be allowed. Is it a Manix?

4. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

No, it's not a glass body from Manix or anything. It was built by hand from a normal vw.

5. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

They may not be traditional here, but I think they are great. I would someday love to be able to get a Meyers Manx 60's style dune buggy.

6. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

I love early '60s dune buggies with metal flake! Ever since I saw them cruising around in the '70s, I've wanted one!

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Dune buggies are bitchin'! Out here in the west, we have for many years dropped them and hung the biggest damn VW motors that could be built in the back... Talk about something unbeatable stop light to stop light! But, for the most part I would have to say off topic here. You might check out Jeem's posts on his off and on "my diversion from the '37" or some such like that. Do build that thing though!!

8. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

the hamb is not to vee dub friendly . ryan does not what it on the hamb and we are guests here to his site. i have been reminded of this may times. now i dig v w's and have built many. in my personal opinion they are traditional and have been hot rodded since new. there is a air cooled social club here on the hamb that welcomes vee dubs. l like volkswagens of any type and style. i built the kdf mangler.watch the moderators....... i here jaws music. lol!

9. metalshapes

metalshapes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.