Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures IronTrap Garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

IronTrap Garage

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Torkwrench, enloe, fauj and 17 others like this.
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Love @IronTrap videos. Great variety and piles of good hands on information.

fauj, chryslerfan55, jim32 and 7 others like this.
  3. AccurateMike

AccurateMike

You can catch Matt in his Eastwoods videos too

His Iron Trap videos are some of the best on YouTube, sketchy stuff and all.
    Mike

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  4. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Matt is a very genuine, young gun hot rodder, whose passion for this old stuff is for real. He has had the good fortune to hook up with Eastwood company, with what a lot of us would term a dream job. I love following his exploits!

36 ROKIT, chryslerfan55, weps and 9 others like this.

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Been watching Iron Trap for a while, really enjoy what they do. Much Like Mart's videos.

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

yup! I found Iron trap via Matt’s videos on building the chassis and channeled floor for the pagoda city coupe on Eastwood’s channel.

7. Paul

Paul
    Editor

This cat has been known to watch it on occasion.

PXL_20201019_174111060.jpg

8. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

I've watched a lot of Matt's content. (my cat has too:))

Hands down my favorite Youtube hotrod channel because it is genuine. If you start at the beginning and progress through time the channel matures in quality, just like our at home builds do as we learn more. The guys act goofy at times and screw around, but so do my bench racing buddies. It feels real, which is what the distilled for TV shows are usually missing.

@Ryan - I'm glad you found that particular rabbit hole!

36 ROKIT, chryslerfan55, weps and 6 others like this.
  9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Haha my cats don’t watch by my little daughter does. Big fan of Moon :)

10. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I watch them. Matt seems to know his stuff and comes up with some pretty cool finds.

11. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I believe Matt is also a HAMB member

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I had no idea that this Matt was the Eastwood Matt... I'll be damned... I knew I liked that guy.

slim38, enloe, fauj and 18 others like this.
  13. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Matt is the man, for sure. Been watching for a long time. Mike, Kate and Moon are super also.

Stogy, mad mikey, jim snow and 2 others like this.
  14. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

If you like iron trap garage you will certainly get a kick out of Halfasscustoms....that crazy Canadian loves to chop cars!

15. I'm a fan of Irontrap Garage and a few other YT hobby-based shows/contributors. Another aspect of the YT versions over their Discovery channel counterparts... they focus more on the how-to which is important to someone like myself still learning how to do some of these skills, fixes, problem-solving, etc for the first time. While I was always interested in cars, I didn't take advantage of highschool auto-shop or have a mentor when I was younger for working on cars. I came to it later in life, when time & money allowed me to better afford it. Something I appreciate is the YT contributors will take questions and answer them in their vid comments if something didn't make sense, or asking about alternatives, parts/tools used, etc. That to me is a big plus over those 'reality' based shows which focus on a number of other things besides the car, processes, skills, etc. I've learned alot from the YT content I follow, and continue to do so (I'm a visual learner) while being entertained.

edit: one more reason I like the YT project vlog shows: the enthusiasm and progress on their projects is infectious and helps motivate me to get out in my own shop more. Some of them also help me remember this stuff is supposed to be fun...

Gotta56forme/Scott

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  16. Chicster

Chicster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Missouri H.A.M.B.ers

I've been watching Matt for some time. Great videos.

17. I've been watching for the past year now. I like the fact that when he screws up he just moves on with a better way or if he changes direction on a project he doesn't feel the need to explain why other than the fact it's what he wanted to do. Only hot rod channel I watch.

18. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

I haven’t watched TV in months but definitely enjoy YouTube. Plenty of good hot rod content and other things on there.

19. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I, too, have been watching Matt for some time. I enjoy his vlog and do pick up some tips from time to time. Also enjoy some of his antics that keep it real. Recently climbing through an old attic at an estate sale gave me the shivers. Yeah, he found treasure.

20. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Well see, I've never watched it but with all this hoodlum endorsement I'll have to take a look.

Unclekeg, enloe, 5window and 6 others like this.
  21. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Matt is a memeber here and posts build threads if you look. I dont know how to link them @IronTrap is his name I think ?...

Stogy, mad mikey and kidcampbell71 like this.
  22. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

There are only a few regular shows I watch on youtube and Matt's stuff is one of the top ones (next to Deadend). He finds some amazing stuff!

He is a member here........

23. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yea, I follow Matt on youtube. Interesting builds. I reached out to him on the HAMB and donated a part for a 34 project he was doing. Good guy to chat with.

24. mtndone

mtndone

I will have to agree- top notch channel and I referenced his Cadillac motor mount build this morning for inspiration- good stuff and no B.S.

Stogy and mad mikey like this.
  25. I've been subscribed to Matt @IronTrap Murray's Iron Trap Garage YouTube logo.jpg channel for over 3 years now ... and noticed that he mentions the H.A.M.B. in several of his videos ... so I started to "follow" his posts here.

Here's a few of the more recent "IRON TRAP GARAGE" related threads:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  26. jim snow

jim snow

Like most have said his channel is informative and entertaining. He is also a very down to earth guy and personable. Snowman

27. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been watching Matt since the start of the " Free T ". The guy is not afraid to tackle anything or get dirty. For a younger guy, he has an amazing wealth of knowledge. If I ever get the chance, I'm going to try to get to his shop and meet him in person.

28. I have been watching for a while and Matt is a great guy in person. I recommend!

29. goldmountain

goldmountain

Matt has some nice toys.

Stogy likes this.
  30. lake_harley

lake_harley

I don't follow Iron Trap on any regular basis, but have watched a lot of the videos as a result of searching how to do various things. One of my favorite things I heard him say was that something was "good enough". I don't condone doing shoddy work but don't demand perfection either. There are definitely times when something is "good enough" and to go beyond that mysterious point is sometime paralyzing to progress. A friend of mine is holding a pair of my Model A fenders hostage in his shop right now because he thinks they're not quite "good enough". :confused:

Matt gets a thumbs up from me!

Lynn