Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Iron Man 2- An Introspective

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NoSurf, Jun 2, 2010.

1. NoSurf

NoSurf

I don't know how many "comic-book-geeks" are on the HAMB and went and saw the new Iron Man 2 movie.

For me I am a big Robert Downey Jr fan, and an even bigger Jon Favreau fan, and was a HUGE fan of Iron Man as a kid.

I also like the angle of Favreau using his '32 roadster in the movie as a prop, as seen alot in Iron Man 1.

Spoiler alert:

Now, watching the second one and keeping an eye out for the roadster, there was the scene where Penny complains about Tony selling all his stuff, and later we see his big garage practically empty except for his most prized '32 roadster.

Coincedence?

I think not.

(Whatdya say there Mystery Guest, haha!)

2. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Would Iron Man be as cool with a re-popped fiberglass body????

3. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Is that the "Munz" in the garage also? It looked like the one from the HAMB. I think his username is "Munzman" and his car was in a boy band video @ El Mirage.

Pretty good movie, but WOW! two drinks and a popcorn was $17.00 here in KC......I guess that I have not been to a movie in a while.

Chris

4. Wasn't the apex of his career the BJ scene in Less Than Zero?:eek: Or was that true life?

5. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

2nd movie sucked, and wasnt R.D. JR. busted in a hotel all drugged out dressed as wonder woman years ago?

6. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Theres a chopped Merc in the background as well, and cool old gas station and dealer signs all over the place.

But seriously... Samuel (sp?) Jackson as Nick Fury??? Booo-urns!

7. i see im not the only one who didnt care for the 2 nd part and samuel jakson being in it

it is a real shame robert downey jr got all caught up in drugs , just image all the cool movies he could of done had he been sober

hes a VERY talented actor

8. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Why the heck couldn't he just kill Whiplash at the race? It's not like he had an armored suit? I didn't get it.

9. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Yes

10. bblue34

bblue34

Bad ass movie worth my 5 bucks .Wish i had some those whips you could take a fender off in seconds

11. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

I would like to see more pics of the Merc that was in one of the garage scenes.

12. I'll wait for the DVD, a CASE of Natty Light is less than that!

13. hey the merc is just sam barris`s merc. its on display at the petersen auto museum too.

14. NoSurf

NoSurf

I did notice the Merc in this movie also. Very very cool.

Also liked the location for this scene:

[​IMG]

15. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i liked it. i am not, nor ever have been, a comic book kind of guy. but i do like a good story. and i do find myself being a RDJ fan. and certainly a favreau fan. i did notice that the roadster remained. that movie moved quick. but if you paid attention i think there were some nice life lessons in there amongst the hot rods and giant donuts.

i can't say that i know enough about the story to care who got cast as what character. except scarlett johansson. she couldn't act her way out of a paper bag. she looks nice. but she comes across as being dumb as a stump.

i only wish they had built in a pause button for the garage scenes...

16. Blackie

Blackie

Haven't we all done that?

17. buck8

buck8
    from Austin

Was a good movie but the first was the definition of Iron Man. They coulda done better imo. I too would like to see the merc in the background more closely.

18. COS

COS
    from KCMO

I liked both movies for what they where.. but the OG Iron Man comics wasn't the reason he built the suit was because he was crippled??? Also did anyone notice in part two that they interduced Stan Lee as Larry King :D

19. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Now that's funny!!!

20. 68Caddy

68Caddy

I am also a big Favreau Fan, swingers is in my top 5 favorite movies. But he usually does at best average films. "Made" "Couples Retreat" "Zathura" etc not the WoW factor of "Swingers' or "Iron Man'' now that i think about it ... Swingers was so good this guys been coasting on fumes since the 90s.

21. NoSurf

NoSurf

Yeah. I saw that and burst out laughing in the theater...and I was the only one.:D:):D

22. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I took a girl out on a date too it and I was nerding it up over comic details and car details the whole time....

there was no second date.